[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
Pontius

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by Pontius »

Yesterday I download the "Social Zimlet" (http://gallery.zimbra.com/files/uploads ... social.zip) but I cannot get it running on my installation (6.0.1_GA_1816.UBUNTU8).

Maybe somebody could point me to right direction.
It is visible to my testuser and set active:

http://www.pdmc.net/images/isActive.png />
but it is not visible at the zimlet tab:

http://www.pdmc.net/images/isEmpty.png />
Any ideas what's wrong?
TIA,

Stefan
rdavisids

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by rdavisids »

When it is working the tab will appear next to the Preferences tab in the horizontal nav bar. I had many problems getting it to work but finally dissabled all zimlets except social and - voilla - it appeared. Found many zimlets that conflict with the social zimlet.
Pontius

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by Pontius »

Thank you for that hint. As suggested I tried with all other zimlets disabled but still no luck.
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by JoshuaPrismon »

try flushing the zimlet cache. I had to do it from the command line.
Pontius

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by Pontius »

Flushing the cache didn't help either so I starting playing around a little.
The zimlet I downloaded is actually version 2.1.4. This one doesn't show up at all (see my first post). So I removed the zip from disk and replaced it with the one delivered in the first place. This one claims to be version 1.9. Then I flushed the cache again, disabled all other zimlets and installed 1.9. Now I get the "Social" tab. :-)
But now I face the next problems. When pressing the "Social" button the first time, I get a error message "C[1] is undefined" and the windows stays empty. When I pressed it a second time within a session I get some wired error message ("Tweetmeme Error: ..."} and the windows fills.

It seems to work now but the errors are quite annoying...
Is there version >1.9 &&
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by JoshuaPrismon »

[quote user="Pontius"]Flushing the cache didn't help either so I starting playing around a little.
The zimlet I downloaded is actually version 2.1.4. This one doesn't show up at all (see my first post). So I removed the zip from disk and replaced it with the one delivered in the first place. This one claims to be version 1.9. Then I flushed the cache again, disabled all other zimlets and installed 1.9. Now I get the "Social" tab. :-)
But now I face the next problems. When pressing the "Social" button the first time, I get a error message "C[1] is undefined" and the windows stays empty. When I pressed it a second time within a session I get some wired error message ("Tweetmeme Error: ..."} and the windows fills.

It seems to work now but the errors are quite annoying...
Is there version >1.9 &&
Which browser are you using?
I really am not seeing any of these problems.
Pontius

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by Pontius »

I use Firefox 3.0.14 (Ubuntu 9.04) but I can reproduce this with Firefox 3.5.3 and InternetExplorer 6.0 (both on WinXP SP2).
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by JoshuaPrismon »

I uninstalled and re-installed last night. The only thing I noticed is that I had to enable it in the admin console for my user, but also in the preferences pane in my web session. Try purging the old version (which won't work with this version), downloading the new one, enable it in the COS or user you want, and then enabling it in the pane?
krabina
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by krabina »

Same here - can't get it to work on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Zimbra 6.0.2 NE.
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

[SOLVED] Social Zimlet

Post by rrao »

Hi,

Attaching the latest version of the zimlet with few bug fixes - I am not sure it will solve issues you are facing since we cant reproduce it but it contains couple of bug fixes.

- toolbar button vanishes

- auto-shorten url tries for every key event
PS:

This Zimlet's version is 2.1.6
Gallery still points to version 2.1.4 (we are working on getting it to point to this version)
com_zimbra_social.zip