Automatic tagging of mails

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
arnold.maderthaner

Automatic tagging of mails

Post by arnold.maderthaner »

Hi !

I'm new to Zimbra (just finished my first installation succesfully) and I wondered if there is a Zimlet or another feature in Zimbra that splits / tags mails into certain categories automatically like GMail is doing that (like Normal Mails,Promotions,Social,Forums,...) to have a better inbox view.
Would be a great feature as it would make reading emails a lot easier (separate important from "disturbing" mails).

yours

Arnold
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Automatic tagging of mails

Post by phoenix »

Isn't that what the filters feature in the user Preferences is for or are you looking for something different to that?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
arnold.maderthaner

Post by arnold.maderthaner »

As I'm new I'm not sure :)
Can those filter do these seperation of mails into different categories automatically based on the content (so without me telling the filter what to do like defining specific mail addresses and so on) ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

arnold.maderthaner wrote:As I'm new I'm not sure :)
Can those filter do these seperation of mails into different categories automatically based on the content (so without me telling the filter what to do like defining specific mail addresses and so on) ?
It can do a lot of things, it can tag mail, file it in folders, 'mark as', redirect and all based on the criteria you set. Take a look at the product documentation or the Preferences tab in a mailbox or start here: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Web ... il_Filters
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra