email sites using Zimbra

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
dhcoxmm

email sites using Zimbra

Post by dhcoxmm »

I have a slow dial-up internet connection in my remote mountain home. (slower than normal dial-up). There is one (and only one) web mail site that works at this slow rate; one supplied by my current dial-up service provider (isp.com) which uses Zimbra software. They recently doubled their rate; I have been trying Netzero, which works more reliably (and free for up to 10 hrs/week which works for me) but their email site will not load at my slow connection rate. Are there any other web sites out there offering email service that use the Zimbra software? How would I find them? Thanks and apologies if this is not the right place to ask this question.
Jordack

Re: email sites using Zimbra

Post by Jordack »

I use XMission for a small group, they offer hosted Zimbra. https://xmission.com/email_collaboration

Another option is to roll your own. I run my own Zimbra server on a cheap VPS. Cost me about $30/year plus BackBlaze B2 for backups. (Always Be Backed Up)

I do not think you will find anyone that does it for free, they have to pay for the hosting and that normally done through ads that consume bandwidth.

I can understand your pain, (haven’t felt the pain of dial up in a long time). My parents live is a remote area, only options are crappy cell service, satalite (which is slow and expensive ) or dial up. I only have to deal with it for a couple of weeks a year.

Depending on how remote you are, check your cell carriers. Then look for a low cost MVNO. May make sense to change your carrier.