Share Entire Mailbox

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
DougWare
Advanced member
Advanced member

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by DougWare »

Before we migrated to Zimbra, we could access a shared mailbox (including all of it's subfolders). With Zimbra 5, we can share a folder, but I haven't found a way to access a shared "secondary" mailbox.
Has anyone found a way to do this or a work around?
Doug
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by phoenix »

That feature is in Zimbra 5.0 GA and it works fine including seeing the sub-folders - is that what you mean by 'secondary folders'. If that's not it, what exactly do you mean?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DougWare
Advanced member
Advanced member

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by DougWare »

If you are familiar with Exchange and Outlook, it's the feature that let's you access a "Secondary Mailbox". It gives you total access to the mailbox. The only way I see that I can do it is to share each individual folder. The folders I need to access are not sub-folders of the Inbox folder.
Doug
Annette Chu

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by Annette Chu »

I have similar feeling as DougWare.
I would like to share the whole email account (e.g. sales@xxx.com) in one single step instead of sharing mail folders in same email account one by one e.g. inbox and other folders outside inbox. It seems no information in on-line help how to share the whole email account.
Thank you in advance!
AC
EnriqueI
Advanced member
Advanced member

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by EnriqueI »

This feature would be a big addition as well... instead of having to share individual folders. :(
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by goetzi »

AFAIK this feature isn't included yet. You should file a RFE in bugzilla.
EnriqueI
Advanced member
Advanced member

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by EnriqueI »

[quote user="goetzi"]AFAIK this feature isn't included yet. You should file a RFE in bugzilla.[/QUOTE 24804 - Share entire mailbox in one click.[/url]
Let the voting begin, baby!
rey

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by rey »

I'm running 4.5.6 network edition and with Outlook 2003 SP2 I'm pretty sure it can do what you're asking.
Then as the user Rey I can see all demo's folders including subfolders.
Let me know if you can't do this in version 5.0.2 because this will put a dampener on my upgrade plans to 5.0.2
Make sure you have at least Outlook 2003 SP2 otherwise the 'sharing' tab is unavailable
Rey
outlook - sharing folders permissions.jpg
outlook - sharing folders.jpg
svilen

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by svilen »

Hi All,
Just a quick question - is there a way this can be done via Admin Panel? I think there isn`t any , but anyway I need to ask.
GetMeOutOfExchange

Share Entire Mailbox

Post by GetMeOutOfExchange »

Thought I'd share my experience of sharing a mailbox.
I wanted a shared mailbox where users would not be able to delete any inbound or sent items.
su zimbra

#Grant permissions to entire account, sadly this cannot be done from the GUI (notice that I've NOT given Delete permission)

zmmailbox -z -m sharedaccount@mydomain.com mfg / account chris@mydomain.com rwixa
#Give full permission to chris on the drafts folder to prevent drafts getting stuck

zmmailbox -z -m sharedaccount@mydomain.com mfg /Drafts account chris@mydomain.com rwixda
#Mount the account inside the chris folder heirarchy

zmmailbox -z -m chris@mydomain.com createMountpoint /sharedaccountbox sharedaccount@mydomain.com /
You must upload any signature logos to the briefcase of the Shared Account.

(I think that "may" be a bug)
The calendar and tasks also show up for chris, I may yet grant delete permissions to them ... maybe !
So far so good, except the shared folders do not show up in Mobile Devices, which is a pain, and the Zimbra Mobile HTML client does not appear to handle identities in the same way as the normal HTML Client.
Thanks again for a great product.