Share Entire Mailbox

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
PaperAdvocate

Re: Share Entire Mailbox

Post by PaperAdvocate »

I was trying to do exactly what GetMeOutOfExchange was doing and followed his guide then tested things out. I found I could re-share the folder that I was granted access to then delete its contents from another account. The attribute "a" allows this so remove it if you want to be sure someone doesn't work around your restrictions. Secondly users would be irritated when they wanted to move stuff out of Inbox into filed folders so I opted to create an "Inbox Archive" and setup a filter so all incoming E-Mail would land here as well, then restrict it to read-only for shares.

GetMeOutOfExchange got me started so I wanted to contribute by adding my notes here as well. Below are my notes after setting things up and testing. This is mainly to create shared mailboxes which will be mounted in the web UI of Zimbra that can be used by multiple people that will also prevent any received or sent messages from being deleted.

Note: you'll still have to select the correct "From" account when sending. I messed with Persona's but using a Persona would cause the sent copy to go to the wrong sent folder...

Note: the shared mailboxes will show up in Outlook if it's configured via activesync and zpush (it also shows up on my Blackberry... a real Blackberry, not the android stuff...).

* Create your accounts that are to be shared
* Create an "Inbox Archive" folder to store an additional copy of all inbound E-mail

Code: Select all

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com cf -V message "/Inbox Archive"
* Create a rule to make a copy of any inbound E-Mail to both the "Inbox" and "Inbox Archive", this rule will apply to anything sent after Dec 31st 1940...

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com afrl -f "Inbox Archive: create 2nd copy of inbound E-mail with limited permissions for shared users" active any date after 19401231 fileinto "/Inbox" fileinto "/Inbox Archive" stop
====Add Shared Mailbox to Sharee's Mailbox====

Here the account shared.mailbox01@domainname.com represents the sharer and person_receiving_share@domainname.com represents the sharee.

* Give full permissions (except creating shares) at root of mailbox.

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg / account person_receiving_share@domainname.com rwixd
* Give read only permissions for the "Inbox Archive" folder

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg "Inbox Archive" account person_receiving_share@domainname.com r
* Give all permissions except delete or share on "Sent" folder

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg /Sent account person_receiving_share@domainname.com rwix
* Mount the shared mailbox in the sharee's mailbox under the name of the shared account primary E-Mail address

zmmailbox -z -m person_receiving_share@domainname.com createMountpoint /shared.mailbox01@domainname.com shared.mailbox01@domainname.com /
* Grant the sharee Send As permissions to send as the shared mailbox

zmprov grr account shared.mailbox01@domainname.com usr person_receiving_share@domainname.com sendAs
====Remove Access====

* Remove sendAs permission, this will cause the option to disappear from the "from" account list

zmprov rvr account shared.mailbox01@domainname.com usr person_receiving_share@domainname.com sendAs
* Remove mailbox permissions by setting permissions to none

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg / account person_receiving_share@domainname.com none
* Remove other added permissions. This is still necessary even if root permissions are set to none since you added explicit permissions to other folders.

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg "Inbox Archive" account person_recieving_share@domainname.com none
zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com mfg /Sent account person_recieving_share@domainname.com none
* Remove mount in sharee's mailbox

zmmailbox -z -m person_recieving_share@domainname.com deleteFolder /shared.mailbox01@domainname.com
====Check Permissions====

* First list all folders of the mailbox that might have shares

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com gaf
* Then check specific folders...

zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com gfg "/"
zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com gfg "/Inbox Archive"
zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com gfg "/Sent"
zmmailbox -z -m shared.mailbox01@domainname.com gfg "/Inbox"
* Finally check sendAs permissions

zmprov ckr account shared.mailbox01@domainname.com person_recieving_share@domainname.com sendAs