Zimbra Junk folder as default Junk for Outlook

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
Skydrex

Post by Skydrex »

Hi, guys!
Q: Is it possible to filter Junk to Zimbra from Outlook automatically?
We are using Outlook 2010 as mail client for IMAP connection to Zimbra 8.

Zimbra has wonderful learning mechanism for smap/ham. Outlook has its own, but it is local, just for one user.

I want automatically move/copy Junk messages to Zimbra Junk folder (connected via IMAP), that have been already marked as Junk by Outlook and placed to Outlook Junk folder so Zimbra could learn it;

or set Zimbra IMAP Junk folder as default for Outlook Junk Filter Mechanism.
Just a simple rule like "Move %MSG from %OutlookJunkFolder to %ZimbraJunkFolderIMAP"
I found that since Outlook 2003:

"Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are moved to the Junk E-mail folder. This keeps e-mail you mark as junk in the correct place rather than moving it to another folder according to a rule that would otherwise apply. "

Q: Is it possible to filter Junk to Zimbra from Outlook automatically?
Skydrex

Post by Skydrex »

C'mon guys, any thoughts?:confused:
lethargos

Re: Zimbra Junk folder as default Junk for Outlook

Post by lethargos »

I know this is old, but just in case anyone else reads it: if you move your junk e-mails to the default junk folder of Zimbra (which is usually simply "Junk", in contrast to Outlook's, which is "Junk E-mails"), then Zimbra's SpamAssassin is going to take care of it. The important thing is to place it in Zimbra's default junk folder, and not in Outlook's.

I'm trying to find a way to make Zimbra and Outlook default junk mail the same, without changing it from dovecot's namespace.
jason2017

Re: Zimbra Junk folder as default Junk for Outlook

Post by jason2017 »

On the outlook:
right click the account -> IMAP folders -> Query "junk" -> Select the "Junk" folder and subscribe it. After apply the setting you will see the new mail folder appear under mail account. Send/Receive email again then all junk mail will synchronize.