Admin Account

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
rmvg
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Admin Account

Post by rmvg »

I have added several admin accounts and they are all basically the same. Is there a way to change the level of control each admin account has?
Example
say i host domains a.xxx, b.xxx, and c.xxx then I create admin accounts admin@a.xxx, admin@b.xxx, and admin@c.xxx. Everthing is going great until the admin@b.xxx goes crazy one night at 4am and decieds to delete everbodies accounts what a lonnie.
So my question is can i create an admin account that gives admin@b.xxx control over only his domain and his and only his weirdo users.
BTW i never trusted those guys at b.xxx anyway, sorry just a little comidic relief for ya's hahahaha.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Admin Account

Post by 14319KevinH »

Currently we don't have delagated admin as you describe. It's on the roadmap.
rmvg
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Admin Account

Post by rmvg »

pheww thought mabey i missed it in the docs glad to know u thought of it already anyhow :D.
jrobb

Admin Account

Post by jrobb »

Ideally what levels would you like for the delegated access? What types of controls do you think are most important? We have been working through the requirements and we are very interested in getting details of the use case of how you would use the functionality.
-john
rmvg
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Admin Account

Post by rmvg »

level 1

level 2
What types of controls do you think are most important?
There should be the level 1 master admin which aready exists and can control everthing.
There should also be level 2 giving each domain control over all settings regarding there domain.

ie stats for there domain of course, add remove users within there domain only.
Class of service should be left in level 1 default is fine mabey some mechinsim for the master lever to add or remove cos features per domain. Or maybe there should be some controls in place allowing level 1 to restrict level 2 actions. Like max # of accounts allowed and such.
servers and other contols should be level 1 controlled.
I do not think there need to be a user or level 3 control as user options should sufice
We have been working through the requirements and we are very interested in getting details of the use case of how you would use the functionality.
I would be hosting domains for people but they would be in control of there own domains email users and features.