Filters not working

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
Emilis

Filters not working

Post by Emilis »

Hi,

I have an incoming message filter configured - and it's marked active. However, it doesn't seem to be working?
If I run it manually, the filter runs successfully, deleting hundreds of messages from the Inbox. Why is it not working
automatically on incoming mail that comes in?

cuoz

Filters not working

Post by cuoz »

I just had 2 new customers report this same issue. We are running 8.5.0_GA_3042 (build 20140828191918).

Anybody else seeing this and have a solution?
bobthebrewer

Filters not working

Post by bobthebrewer »

I am seeing this issue with 8.0.5_GA_5839.NETWORK. One of our users has a "To or CC contains ..." filter, and the filter action is to move the message into a folder. The filter is active, and no other filters should be taking precedence over this one. Sometimes incoming messages are correctly delivered into the folder (I can see this in mailbox.log) but other times they are delivered to the user's inbox. When he manually runs the filter, it finds messages that should have been picked up by the filter, and correctly processes them. This suggests to me that the filter is not defined incorrectly, or it wouldn't work when run manually either.
cuoz

Filters not working

Post by cuoz »

Good/important point. I would like to also note that our customers report the same behavior. The filters process just fine when run manually. They just don't execute automatically.
JoshJohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Filters not working

Post by JoshJohnson »

Can you verify if this is the ONLY filter that's active? If it is not, then it's possible that another filter is acting on the message first and that filter has been configured not to run any additional filter rules after it.
pida42

Re: Filters not working

Post by pida42 »

Hello all,

ok, I have the same problem with my Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.1.
First I set only few filters and everything works fine, but filters stop work after the setting up next filters. Manually running works well.

I found only this article about that, maybe it will help you: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Troublesho ... ter_Issues
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Filters not working

Post by gabrieles »

Same for me, on 8.7.4 RHEL7_64
Messages sometimes get filtered, sometimes remain in Inbox.
I've seen the page https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Troublesho ... ter_Issues but all is in place, no wrong use of "Do not process additional filters" or matches exactly
-User has only 6 filters
-Filter that fails is often the first
-Messages are always the same (ZCS Backup Report) and the check is on the subject: "subject" contains "ZCS Backup Report"
-When run manually, filters always work
-Log says nothing, just mailop addmessage to Inbox (or to selected folder when it works...)