I cannot receive email from the Zimbra server in my company with Thunderbird IMAP connection.

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
JazzKennyWowy

I cannot receive email from the Zimbra server in my company with Thunderbird IMAP connection.

Post by JazzKennyWowy »

I cannot receive any emails from my company's Zimbra server with IMAP connection, using Thunderbird client later than v38.0.1.

Everything worked very well for very well until Thunderbird updated past v38.0.1 (now 38.3):

/ I didn't change anything in the Thunderbird's configuration.

/ I can see Thunderbird is connected to the server (message at the bottom), but it doesn't receive any messages.

/ I can still send email to any address, internal or external to the company.

/ I can receive emails when connected to other email services (gmail, yahoo, startmail, ect) without any problems.

/ Find this problem every time Thunderbird updates automatically and I need to put it back to v38.0.1.

/ I have this problem in both Thunderbird version for windows and Linux (Debian 64bit).

The IT service that maintains the servers in my company already looked at this problem, but said they cannot find anything wrong and suggested I only use webmail, but that is not an acceptable alternative for me.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: I cannot receive email from the Zimbra server in my company with Thunderbird IMAP connection.

Post by phoenix »

If it worked with the previous version of Thunderbird and your ZCS serevr hasn't changed and your Thunderbird settings are the same then I'd concur with your IT guys, use the Web UI. You could always try reverting to the previous version of thunderbird to see if it still works and/or try another IMAP client to see if that can connect or even try the Zimbra Desktop Client but other than that there isn't much we can do. You might also want o look into any updates you've had to any firewall, Anti-Virus or Anti-malware products you have installed - they sometimes cause problems for mail clients.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ajmaheshwari91

Re: I cannot receive email from the Zimbra server in my company with Thunderbird IMAP connection.

Post by ajmaheshwari91 »

In zimbra mail server, Previously i have one domain in which i am able to send/receive internally as we as from outside the domain, now i have created one more domain,in which i have created some mail id , in these mail id i am not able to receive mail from outside domain,
Can anyone please help me that?

Thanks in Advance.