Android Application

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
UchixaMadara

Android Application

Post by UchixaMadara »

Hello!
This is the first time i am trying to set up a mail server, so forgive me if i made some silly mistakes and i would be grateful if you could help me.

I am using Zimbra Open-Source Edition (8.8.9 if i am not mistaken), and the problem is that i can't setup an account of my server on any mobile device.

What can be the issue? I tried several one,s same result.

There is also one problem-my outgoing SMTP Port 25 is blocked by my ISP(i am receiving mails from Gmail for example,but cant send them, the error is alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.195.26]:25: Connection timed out).

Can it be the reason i can't setup Zimbra account on Android?

Thanks.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Android Application

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

first post your Zimbra version with this command :
zmcontrol -v

And for Androïd whaty kind of account do you manage to configure ?

Regards,
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Android Application

Post by pup_seba »

(On my phone) Hi,

I can't understand what the problem is. The information given is too vague.

'android application' - what android application?

'8.8.9 if i am not mistaken' - as dualboot suggested, as zimbra user run zmcontrol -v to find out.

' I tried several one,s same result.' - what do you mean by this? Several what? What result? Did you see any info in the logs?
'There is also one problem-my outgoing SMTP Port 25 is blocked by my ISP' - just to be clear, you deployed a zimbra server on a net where your outgoing traffic to port 25 is blocked?

FOSS version of zimbra has no mobile sync capabilities, at least without any extra addon (either zimbra addon, zextras, zpush or others if any). You should be able to configure a client either with pop or imap, and smtp...if your server is configured accordingly.