Zimbra exchange sync password problem with mac

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
francept

Zimbra exchange sync password problem with mac

Post by francept »

Hi,
I work in a public company who use Zimbra mail. When I try to sync Zimbra with my Mac the following error is displayed: “unable to verify account or password”. I’m sure that the password is correct and I saw to other forum that this is a known problem with Mac but I did not find any solution. I used OS X Mojave but also with El Capitan the problem was present.

Someone have a solution or workaround?
Thank you
cpsyctc

Re: Zimbra exchange sync password problem with mac

Post by cpsyctc »

I see there is no answer to this yet. Did you get a solution francept? My wife uses Mail on her mac and we wanted to change her password for her zimbra account and did that in the web interface to her zimbra account and that's fine: she can log in that way with the new password but nothing we can do using the Mac Mail password change works but bizarrely, resetting her password back to the original gets Mac Mail working again. I find it hard to believe that Mac Mail has a huge issue with password changes so is this some bizarre incompatibility with Zimba. We are on Zimbra 8.6.0_GA_1229 (build 20180502062322), or at least, I am. It's just possible that she has been migrated to 8.8 as our zimbra supplier (In-tuition) are in the process of migrating accounts to that. This seems like a pretty serious problem whatever is causing it.