Cant reach email - 502 Error

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
Trfsrfr

Cant reach email - 502 Error

Post by Trfsrfr »

Hello,
I cannot reach my Unseen mail account from any pc, in any browser.
I keep getting this error;

HTTP ERROR 502
Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection is refused.
Possible reasons:

upstream server is unreachable
upstream server is currently being upgraded
upstream server is down
Please contact your ZCS administrator to fix the problem.

Powered by Nginx-Zimbra://

This has been going on for over 2 weeks now and I need those emails.
Please help!

Thank you-
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Cant reach email - 502 Error - HELP!!!

Post by phoenix »

You've posted this in the Zimbra Desktop forums, is that the product with which you're having a problem? In any case, you need to contact the Administrator of your mail server to see what's causing the problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Trfsrfr

Re: Cant reach email - 502 Error - HELP!!!

Post by Trfsrfr »

@Phoenix -
I'm not that savvy, but thank you for the response. Truth is, I dont know whats going on, or where to find help. All I know is I cant get to my email. I cant access my account from anywhere.

You said "In any case, you need to contact the Administrator of your mail server" - who is that?

Please advise...

Thank you.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Cant reach email - 502 Error

Post by phoenix »

You haven't answered my question about which product you're using, is it Zimbra Desktop or Zimbra Collaboration Server i.e. How are you trying to access your email?
Trfsrfr wrote:You said "In any case, you need to contact the Administrator of your mail server" - who is that?
I have no idea, I assume you are connecting to a mail server somewhere so who's mail server is it: does it belong to your employer, your ISP is it a service you've signed up for, or something else? Whoever runs that mail server has an 'administrator' that looks after it or a company that's responsible for providing you with support for your problems.

We can't really do much for you unless you give full information about the problem and who, exactly, is providing you with this service.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Trfsrfr

Post by Trfsrfr »

Okay.
The email i'm trying to reach is Unseen, a free service I signed up for based out of Iceland. I'm not sure what product I'm using, but I use it at home on my desktop, on my laptop, its my personal email. I also sometimes access it from work if need be.

I really dont know what else I can tell you, other than whats in the error message I posted below.

Since the error message says Zimbra, I figured this would be a good place to find answers.

Thank you.
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Post by JDunphy »

https://unseen.is/contact.html
I took a quick look and you apparently are not the only one having problems. They are asking you to contact them.

"We're sorry that email service is down for some users. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Unseen's Admin Team is working to restore the service, we request you to contact adminreport@unseen.is to resolve your issue"
Trfsrfr

Post by Trfsrfr »

Thank you!
I was looking for a contact but all I could find was the FAQ page, which is useless.
Sent them a message, hopefully they'll respond.
Trfsrfr

Post by Trfsrfr »

Unseen email has not responded at all.
Can someone please help me here?
I need to retrieve some very valuable emails for a custody hearing.
Thank you!
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

maybe you should try with an other application like Thunderbird.

Regards,