Zimbra Connector 6.0.0_RC1 Outlook folder error

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
killc

Post by killc »

We are currently trialing a zimbra 6.0.0 RC1 server and when attempting to connect an Outlook 2003 (sp2) client using the new ZimbraOlkConnector6.0.0_RC1_1682_6.0.5631.0 it sets up Outlook and then instructs to close and restart Outlook. When reopening Outlook the user gets: "cannot open your default email folders" and outlook instantly closes.
Previously we had been using the 5.0.15 GA release and the associated Outlook connector and had no issues.
Is this a problem/bug with this version of the connector or is it something else? Any steps to troubleshoot or fix this?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Is there a core dump along with this? It would be in %TEMP%zco-cores. If there is please send it.
This is also a beta version -- there may be some install issues, not sure. The real version is coming out very soon.
When you installed the 6.0 ZCO, did you uninstall the other one, or just upgrade? You might try uninstalling the connector, and then reinstalling it.
killc

Post by killc »

I will look into and followup if there is a core dump.
I understand it is beta but it is RC1, and we were instructed to move to this because we need the ability to download only headers (not available before 6.0). We need to test this functionality and it is also very important that it works for our (possible) upcoming conversion. It is the most important aspect.
I've tried both ways on two different accounts. It break Outlook 2003 (Sp2) the same way each time.
We really need some assistance here, this is a major deal-breaker if it does not work.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Just curious -- do you have the zipLevel key set in the registry (HKLMSOFTWAREimbraipLevel ? If you do, get rid of it. This is bug 39768. It is fixed in the version coming out today, but if this is the problem, if you remove this registry key, you will work fine.
killc

Post by killc »

There is no ZipLevel key or folder in the registry under HKLMSOFTWAREimbra I have only:
Addinlist

Connection

Logging
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

If there's a crash, I'm surprised there is nothing in %TEMP%zco-cores. But if there is not, you can either wait for the new 6.0 version coming out in a couple of days, or you can send me a zc log, and I can take a look and see if I can spot anything. Did you try this on a brand new profile created with 6.0, or are these old profiles?
killc

Post by killc »

Brand new profiles. The server had been running 5.0.15 fine and the Outlook connector worked fine. I then fully uninstalled 5.0.15 and then installed 6.0.0 RC1 on the server. On the test client side, I removed the profile from outlook to the old server in control panel, then I ran the new Outlook connector from the new server 6.0.0 RC1 and chose to have it remove the old versiona nd then installed the new. Started up outlook, entered the required data, it all added in fine and it stated to restart Outlook. Close Outlook, reopen and it instantly goes to "cannot open your default email folders" and outlook instantly closes.
So, I did a repair of Outlook from add/remove progs and it still errored out. I then logged off as that user and logged in as a different user on the same box. Ran the Outlook connector setup again and this time chose to do the reinstall, when it finished I started up Outlook, entered the required data, it all added in fine and it stated to restart Outlook. Close Outlook, reopen and it instantly goes to "cannot open your default email folders" and outlook instantly closes. Same thing.
If I create a regular POP or IMAP account on Outlook on this computer it works fine. As soon as I use the connector or try to add a Zimbra/MAPI connection manually under the New Account/other server option I get the error.
Nothing is really crashing here, Zimbra is working fine, Outlook is technically working fine, but it just won't start up without immediately throwing the default folder error and closing. If the %TEMP%zco-cores file is supposed to be on the client computer, it is not there.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Just curious -- what happens if after the install, you do:
cd Program FilesCommon FilessystemMSMAPI1033

regsvr32 /u /s LSMSSP32.dll

regsvr32 /u /s SharingAddin.dll

regsvr32 /u /s ShutdownAddin.dll

regsvr32 /s LSMSSP32.dll

regsvr32 /s SharingAddin.dll

regsvr32 /s ShutdownAddin.dll
Ced91

Post by Ced91 »

Hi,
I have the same problem with the latest version of Zimbra Outlook Connector.

Outlook 2003 last Service Pack, Windows XP last Service Pack.
The problem don't occur on a Windows 2003 Server TSE on which I have install the upgrade of Outlook connector.
The problem don't occur on Vista/XP/Outlook 2007 (last SP too).
My only work around is to remove Outlook connector v6.0.1 and reinstall v 5.0.18 for the XP PC with Outlook 2003.
Note: this DLL LSMSSP32.dll doesn't exist on a XP + Outlook 2003.
I was applying the upgrade without checking but for now I will waiting a little bit and see the forum before.:mad:
chh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by chh »

Hi,
we have exactly the same problem here with Oulook 2003 when upgrading.

On a fresh desktop all worked well.
Christian