issue with search in outlook 2016 - Zimbra 8.7

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
MatteoBerchialla

issue with search in outlook 2016 - Zimbra 8.7

Post by MatteoBerchialla »

I’ve just download and installed the latest version of zimbra connector 8.7.0.1649 for outlook 2016 but all kind of research doesn’t work with it. Could you help me to fix this issue? Regards
Uma Shankar

Re: issue with search in outlook 2016 - Zimbra 8.7

Post by Uma Shankar »

MatteoBerchialla wrote:I’ve just download and installed the latest version of zimbra connector 8.7.0.1649 for outlook 2016 but all kind of research doesn’t work with it. Could you help me to fix this issue? Regards
Hi Matteo,

Are you a ZCS NE user or are you evaluating Zimbra Network Edition. If yes, I would request you to please log a support ticket with zimbra on support.zimbra.com portal.

If you are a ZCS FOSS user and trying to run zimbra outlook connector, then I am sorry but ZCO is not supported on FOSS editions.

Regards,
Uma Shankar
Gustav

Post by Gustav »

Hi Uma,
I have upgraded yesterday to Outlook Connector 8.7 but have this effect:

Search on "before upgrade" items (older mails, calender etc.) doesn´t work. Only get results of "after upgrade" items.
We do have a licencsed Version of zimbra Server.

Do you know what to do ?
KR Gustav
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Gustav wrote:Do you know what to do ?
As mentioned in the post above yours, open a support ticket with Zimbra support - this is not a question/problem that can be answered in these forums.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

Search seems to work with outlook 2016 64bits + ZimbraConnectorOLK_8.7.0.1650_x64.msi.
I just tried a search for email last month, last year using ribbon.
And it seems to work using the advanced search adding field "received" on or before date(I tried 10.01.2015)
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

Gustav wrote:Hi Uma,
I have upgraded yesterday to Outlook Connector 8.7 but have this effect:

Search on "before upgrade" items (older mails, calender etc.) doesn´t work. Only get results of "after upgrade" items.
We do have a licencsed Version of zimbra Server.

Do you know what to do ?
KR Gustav
Do you run 32 bits outlook? I have had bad experience with that. in my test, just adding a folder under inbox crashes outlook(8.7.0.1649). the 64bits version seems stable.
xtheta_it

Post by xtheta_it »

Hi all,

Just wanted to chime in here and share the "fix" we've had to use even up to the latest Outlook Connector 8.7.0.1649 (freshly installed tonight). Since 8.6 search will not work unless the Windows Indexing option for Outlook is unchecked. You will have to restart Outlook for this to take. Searching will then work and give you a weird warning that something is wrong in Outlook but all is well and results are returned as expected.
spleeneater

Post by spleeneater »

xtheta_it wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to chime in here and share the "fix" we've had to use even up to the latest Outlook Connector 8.7.0.1649 (freshly installed tonight). Since 8.6 search will not work unless the Windows Indexing option for Outlook is unchecked. You will have to restart Outlook for this to take. Searching will then work and give you a weird warning that something is wrong in Outlook but all is well and results are returned as expected.
But aren't you getting complaints about how SLOW it is to search emails that aren't indexed? I've got several cases of people not able to search their Outlook right now and finding a reasonable solution is not going to well.
chrismi2m

Post by chrismi2m »

spleeneater wrote:
xtheta_it wrote:Hi all,

But aren't you getting complaints about how SLOW it is to search emails that aren't indexed? I've got several cases of people not able to search their Outlook right now and finding a reasonable solution is not going to well.
Not sure if you'll see this or not,but I'm having a similar issue with Outlook 2016 and slow searching...maybe I should start a new thread.