Outlook very slow loading profile and syncing

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
rusty
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8.7.10 on Ubuntu 14.04

Outlook very slow loading profile and syncing

Post by rusty »

Server: Ubuntu 10.04 Zimbra 8.0.8
Workstation: Windows 7 (64 bit), Outlook 2010 (32 bit), Zimbra connector 8.6.0

I have one computer that Outlook is so incredibly slow, especially first 5 minutes after opening it. Long time (several minutes) to load profile, and then first sync. Disabled all add-ins (except Zimbra). If I load a Outlook profile (non-zimbra) it is totally normal speed, very responsive. I created new empty Zimbra account and it is same (very slow). Removed Zimbra connector, deleted Outlook's Zimbra profile, deleted Outlook folder under Appdata\local\MS and Appdata\roaming\MS, then reinstalled Zimbra connector and used the brand new Zimbra account, still same (very slow).

My speculation is malware attacking the connector, but malware removal didn't improve things. All out of ideas. Can someone help?
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Outlook very slow loading profile and syncing

Post by thorx »

have you tried 8.7 connector? one zimbra employee sayed 8.7 connector is compatible with 8.6 server. maybe the same for 8.08 server.
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

and have you checked if the antivirus program is slowing it down? I have had before issues with scanner software and antivirus slowing down the program to an halt. worth a check.
rusty
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8.7.10 on Ubuntu 14.04

Post by rusty »

Thanks, I've seen ESET anti-virus v9 screw up Zimbra connector. He is using ESET v.8, and I did temporarily disable it to observe no change.
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

I would have tried the 8.7 connector. they have the updated version on normal download page now:
https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra ... r-outlook/