Outlook constantly crashing

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
mikespo17

Outlook constantly crashing

Post by mikespo17 »

We're running Office 365 (64-bit) version 1905 with Zimbra Connector (64-bit) 8.8.12.1813

Frequently there are users complaining that in the middle of writing an email, opening an email, or not even touching Outlook, it crashes.

There are 2 different events in Event Viewer

1000:
Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11629.20246, time stamp: 0x5cfae0ab
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000100000000
Faulting process id: 0x7fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d525d93982ee77
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e68cb298-7881-4ba6-a16f-37a6621b7dd0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1002:
The program OUTLOOK.EXE version 16.0.11629.20246 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

All on Windows 10 Pro 1809, but dissimilar hardware.

I've tried recreating Outlook profiles, reinstall/repair Office 365 & Zimbra, nuking computer profiles, even switching to different computers. No success.
The only common thing here is Zimbra, and supposedly "Faulting module name: unknown" is linked to an add-in, which the only add-ins we have is Zimbra Connector.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a new version of Connector coming down the pipeline that fixes this? Is there a work-around?
dcpartners

Re: Outlook constantly crashing

Post by dcpartners »

We just found 1 machine that reported the Outlook 2016 crash quite regularly. This machine used the latest ZCO 8.8.12.

This particular machine used an Office 64 bits while the others are 32 bits. We will attempt to install 32 bits and will let you know .

At the meantime, do you find any solution for this?

Thanks
smeitr

Post by smeitr »

Hello,

Same behavior for us: Outlook crash several time everyday since some around 2 months
Microsoft Outlook pour Office 365 MSO (16.0.11727.20188) 64 bits
Zimbra Connector 8.8.12.1813
And Zimbra Server 8.8.12_GA_3803

Regards.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

FWIW, I have a reseller customer whose end user customers were experience random, sometime frequent Outlook crashes. Lates Zimbra 8.8.12 ZCO with Outlook 2016 (mostly).

I asked the reseller to turn on Outlook logging, so that we could open a Support Case with Zimbra. Te reseller reported that after turning on Outlook logging, the crashes went away. And stayed away, even after turning Outlook logging off.

This on about ten different workstations in one location.

Hope that helps, YMMV,
Mark
dcpartners

Post by dcpartners »

Hi @Mark … are you using Ms Office 2016 64 bits or 32 bits? We now has 2 machines reported using 64 bits and have this crash issue.
dcpartners

Post by dcpartners »

L. Mark Stone wrote:FWIW, I have a reseller customer whose end user customers were experience random, sometime frequent Outlook crashes. Lates Zimbra 8.8.12 ZCO with Outlook 2016 (mostly).

I asked the reseller to turn on Outlook logging, so that we could open a Support Case with Zimbra. Te reseller reported that after turning on Outlook logging, the crashes went away. And stayed away, even after turning Outlook logging off.

Hope that helps, YMMV,
Mark
Hi Mark. Are you using Ms Office 2016 64 bits or 32 bits? We now has 2 machines reported using 64 bits and have this crash issue.
dcpartners

Post by dcpartners »

smeitr wrote:Hello,

Same behavior for us: Outlook crash several time everyday since some around 2 months
Microsoft Outlook pour Office 365 MSO (16.0.11727.20188) 64 bits
Zimbra Connector 8.8.12.1813
And Zimbra Server 8.8.12_GA_3803

It's the same with us. Have you try to install 32 bit one instead?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by L. Mark Stone »

dcpartners wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:FWIW, I have a reseller customer whose end user customers were experience random, sometime frequent Outlook crashes. Lates Zimbra 8.8.12 ZCO with Outlook 2016 (mostly).

Hope that helps, YMMV,
Mark
Hi Mark. Are you using Ms Office 2016 64 bits or 32 bits? We now has 2 machines reported using 64 bits and have this crash issue.
Yes; they were all 64-bit.
dcpartners

Post by dcpartners »

L. Mark Stone wrote: Yes; they were all 64-bit.
You mentioned about turning the logging on. Are you referring the Outlook logging (enable troubleshooting logging) OR Zimbra logging?

When you did this, did you turn on and turn off straight away? Or did you let the logging running for few hours and turn off?

I'm appreciated your feedback.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by L. Mark Stone »

dcpartners wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote: Yes; they were all 64-bit.
You mentioned about turning the logging on. Are you referring the Outlook logging (enable troubleshooting logging) OR Zimbra logging?

When you did this, did you turn on and turn off straight away? Or did you let the logging running for few hours and turn off?

I'm appreciated your feedback.
Outlook logging was turned on, because that’s what Zimbra Support would have needed to troubleshoot.

Outlook logging was left on for some period of time, no issues, so Outlook logging was turned off and the issues did not reappear.

Outlook logging I believe was on for a few days.

Hope that helps,
Mark