BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
rayb2001

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by rayb2001 »

Just went through the trouble of getting this working on our ZCO cluster. There's a trick if you don't know it.
When you have multiple servers and a proxy:
1. for the profile, you want to have the profiles pointing to one of the mail stores. If you have certs enabled, you should point to the URL that's consistent with the certificate.
2. Launch OL before you do your BES install and make sure it connects with both profiles. Change the address book to make sure it searches the GAL.
3. For the MAPI settings (during BESX setup), make sure the besadmin user is not hidden in your GAL; Chose the PROXY as the email server and besadmin@domain.com as it appear in the admin console.
Took me a little while to figure this out so thought I might save someone the trouble.
awilly

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by awilly »

[QUOTE]If you have certs enabled, you should point to the URL that's consistent with the certificate.

[/QUOTE]
I have a self signed cert. Will this work? I am having issues with my configuration and wonder this is the problem.
rayb2001

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by rayb2001 »

That could be the problem. What happens when you browse to that URL? Does the browser complain about the cert? Have you tried importing the self-signed cert as a "trusted root authority"? Since it's your cert, you should be able to trust it! :)
awilly

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by awilly »

[quote user="rayb2001"]That could be the problem. What happens when you browse to that URL? Does the browser complain about the cert? Have you tried importing the self-signed cert as a "trusted root authority"? Since it's your cert, you should be able to trust it! :)[/QUOTE]
It turned out to be something else. Thank you!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="awilly"]It turned out to be something else.[/QUOTE]How about telling everyone what the "something else" was and then someone marking this thread as Solved?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
awilly

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by awilly »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]How about telling everyone what the "something else" was and then someone marking this thread as Solved?[/QUOTE]
This is an FYI thread started by someone else. Why would I mark it solved?
"My something else" was enabling Blackberry synch for the Global Admin user.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

BES EXP 5.0.2(Bundle 14)

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="awilly"]This is an FYI thread started by someone else. Why would I mark it solved?[/QUOTE]Did I actually say you should mark it as Solved.
[quote user="awilly"]"My something else" was enabling Blackberry synch for the Global Admin user.[/QUOTE]It would help if, in future, you give the solution to your question so other forum users can see what solved it for you.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra