Contacts not syncing with 7.1 and BESX 5

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
rayb2001

Post by rayb2001 »

I have a BB that no matter what I do, the contacts are not syncing.
I am worried that the following is the problem:

KB24873-"The enablement process has not completed" appears when attempting to configure multiple Private Folder synchronization
In there, it specifies that BES 5 has a problem if there are sub-folders with the word 'contacts' in it. The workaround is to rename the subfolder.
Unfortunately, every Zimbra user has a folder called "Emailed Contacts" which it is not possible to rename (that I've found).
So, this seems to be a major incompatibility between Zimbra and BES.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I've done the secret rset in the contacts options, I've done the secret ALT cnfg in the enterprise activation to re-activate. I've power cycled and removed the battery.
I'll go mine the BB log files now and see if I can find something there.
rayb2001

Post by rayb2001 »

I'm seeing these errors for several users in the MAGT log file:
[30531] (05/06 09:50:55.510):{0x23FC} {user@prxy.com} Failed to enable sync for private folder - unable to open contact folder(Contacts ID:20) for user (0x80040107)
I think this is because I messed around with the settings in the BES admin console for these users under user>Default configuration>Email>Private contact folders.
Users who I didn't touch this seem to be working fine. Now I need to find a way to UNDO that (hopefully without removing/reactivating)
rayb2001

Post by rayb2001 »

Here's the bug: Bug 60029 – Contact sub-folder sync can not be enabled
stegbth
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stegbth »

hi,
i am running zcs 7.1.0 with zcb 7.1 and BES Express 5.0.2.
there we have users where no contact get synced at all.

when trying to add that we get (translated to english)
"while trying to get the private folder for contacts of the user, happened a general Blackberry Mail Store Service Fehler. The private folder for contacts does not get shown."
this error seems also to arise when using BES with Exchange other language than english.

The solution is to rename the Contacts folder (named Kontakte in German or Condatti in Italian) to Contacts. But that is not possible.
is the described bug really this error, as there they speak about subfolder?
KB21528-"A general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the users private contact folders. The private contact folders will not be displayed" appears when private contact folder configuration fails
best regards

thomas
Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P6
tbovingdon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by tbovingdon »

We have experienced this issue twice now, both on a blackberry server migration using the blackberry transporter. (once from BES 4 to BES express 5 and one from BES express 5 to BES enterprise 5)
Its hard to justify to the customer that zimbra is a better solution when its plagued by 3x the amount of work when supporting blackberries. (doesn't matter that active sync for iphones and androids seconds to provision.. the CEO's still use Blackberries!))
Has anyone worked around a solution that does not require a wipe of the users blackberry? I can't imagine what a corporation with more than a handful of blackberries would do if they required a wipe of every blackberry when they moved them!