Zimbra contacts in specific address books not showing up on Blackberry

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
manofcool2

Post by manofcool2 »

I'm new to Zimbra and have a brand new Blackberry Bold 9930.
Right now, I am trying to get enter contacts into Zimbra and have them show up on my phone.
When I put a contact into the main "Contacts" folder, it shows up on my phone. BUT when I move a contact into a sub-address book I've created to help make things more organized, like "Business" or "Personal," the contact no longer appears on my phone (it is still available on Zimbra itself).
I'd like to have the contacts on my phone, and I'd like them to be in the categories I set up on Zimbra. Does anybody know if there is a way to make that happen? Or do Zimbra and Blackberry just not work in harmony on this?
Thanks in advance for the help!
tbovingdon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by tbovingdon »

HI MANAFCOOL2.
As far as i am aware, this is actually a limitation of the BES. Not zimbra, same goes for Active sync, only the default contacts/calendar can be synced I could be wrong but in our experience, zimbra or exchange this is infact the case.
manofcool2

Post by manofcool2 »

Thanks for the reply.
That was basically the conclusion I'd come to, as well. Any suggestions on how to organize my contacts once they're in that doesn't involve the category system actually in Zimbra (perhaps something on the phone itself)?
tbovingdon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by tbovingdon »

for our one customer they had a shared address book for vendor contacts... we added a second account(the account which was sharing the contacts) on the phone and disabled the mail and calendar syncs. personally i am a search kinda guy, i rely on the phones ability to search the contact i need when i type it. so i can't really help you there. Sorry!
manofcool2

Post by manofcool2 »

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. Thanks again.