How to install BES?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
kwang

How to install BES?

Post by kwang »

I'm in the middle of installing a BES server to work with a Zimbra server. I don't have an exchange server. But the BES installation asks me for the exchange server name and mailbox name? How to fill in these parameters?
Thanks
bes_exch.JPG
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

How to install BES?

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="kwang"]I'm in the middle of installing a BES server to work with a Zimbra server. I don't have an exchange server. But the BES installation asks me for the exchange server name and mailbox name? How to fill in these parameters?
Thanks[/QUOTE]
The BES install will use this to create the initial version of the BlackBerryServer and BlackBerryManager profiles which you will be deleting after installed ZCB to create Zimbra profiles.

That being said, you can enter anything in those dialogs just to get past that stage in the install. You will be manually creating new profiles per the docs.
igillman

How to install BES?

Post by igillman »

Whenever I try to enter anything into the dialogue box shown above I get an error message about The profile is invalid due to missing or invalid property tags. followed by a MAPI error.
What information CAN I put in the boxes to make the installation continue? We do not have Exchange.
eugener
Advanced member
Advanced member

How to install BES?

Post by eugener »

Is it possible that you are installing BES 5.0 which is not yet supported by zimbra? Please try to install BES 4.1.6.
martinsv

How to install BES?

Post by martinsv »

Hello, i'm was trying to install Bes in zimbra but honestly i dont know, can you help me?

how to begin.

i have a server my zimbra is virtual,have installed SQL, my resources are very good in the server,

can you help me?