CardDAV - Shared contacts address book doesn't sync with clients

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
kky

Post by kky »

Hi all,
i'm trying to synchronize a zimbra Shared contact address book with my mac clients through the CardDAV service, but the only contacts that are sync are does belonging to the first address book (in alphabetic order) on the personal zimbra account. Do you know if its possible? does Zimbra 8 resolve this issue? would you suggest a different approach to create a global address book that can be sync with the mac Address Book clients? Once the contacts are sync with the address book they are also available on the Apple Mail application.
thanks you so much,

kky
kky

Post by kky »

Following this guide (How to Share an Address Book On 10.6 Snow Leopard Server.) you can get a global address book shared with Apple clients, you can tag/group your contact and have them sync. The management is not as centralized as zimbra and it requires to configure all clients. Any other solutions?
gent_911

Post by gent_911 »

well, the same question bothers me. Although browsing the forum, it seems they cannot implement this feature since version 5, thus making me wonder, who actually in the business world buys zimbra if such a trivial thing is not implemented. It is a deal killer for our organization. We have something like thousands of calendars and common one is buy no mean a way to go. I do hope I am wrong though and there is a way to do it, but doubt it a lot.