Unable to configure Caldav account with OSX Mavericks (10.9.1)

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
8439eddiec

Post by 8439eddiec »

Hello,

being not available a connector for Mac OS nor support for EWS protocol (Exchange Web Services), I've always configured an iMac with Zimbra by IMAP + CardDav + CalDav and it worked.
Now I have an issue trying to configure Caldav with OSX Mavericks (10.9.1). Adding the Caldav account and entering the parameters, the configuration window remains stuck at "checking settings".

Have you experienced this issue and have you any suggestion please about a possible solution?
I'm using these configuration settings:

username: user@example.com

password: the_password

caldav url: https://hostname.example.com/principals ... xample.com

Thank you!
8439eddiec

Post by 8439eddiec »

Hello,

I was able to resolve the issue by myself. It's really difficult it will help someone else because it was not related to Zimbra nor Mac OS but I post the solution:
I was configuring a Mac by TeamViewer (from Windows). I discovered that pasting strings (urls, usernames, passwords), TeamViewers adds some dirty not-printable byte at the end. So basically the string seems correct but it is not (and, moreover, doesn't match in authentication :).
Mahesh Madhavan

Post by Mahesh Madhavan »

Hi,

I am having the similar issue. it would be great if you could help me with the solution
Alexandre Chabert

Post by Alexandre Chabert »

Hi, I use mac 10.9.4, and I configured using Caldav.
Username: myname@mydomain.com

Paword: P@ss0wrd

CalDav: mypublicserveraddress.com
You be able to read and write well.