External Calendar from exhange via CalDav and davmail

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
skkkkk

Post by skkkkk »

I want to add an external ms exchange 2010 server mail and calendar content to my zimbra folders. I have made this work for email with davmail mail gateway, which translates exchange 2010 webmail interface to an imap interface, allowing me to add it as an external imap account in zimbra. This works great. Davmail also suports CalDAV, but I cannot seem to make external calendars work despite running version 8.6. I cannot even find how to set the CalDAV port for external folders. Can this actually be done? How please!
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

What have you tried so far? In ZWC, if you just specify just the server name (without ports etc) in the "CalDAV Server" dialog box, that may work, assuming DavMail's CalDAV server supports autodiscovery via .well-known/caldav
skkkkk

Post by skkkkk »

This is what I did:

* click on the 'gear' in the calendar tab

* add external calendar

* fill in username and password, plus server is just 127.0.0.1, no ports

davmail is bound on 127.0.0.1 and listening on port 1080, but what ports is zimbra expecting? I cannot find this setting...
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

You are probably best using the SOAP interface directly - examples below using the zmsoap tool with sharee=<your-zimbra-email-address>.
First to create a folder:
zmsoap -t mail -m $sharee -p test123
CreateFolderRequest/folder @l=1 @name=davMailCalendar @color=3 @f="b#"
@view=appointment

The response to that will include an id - use that as folderId in the following:
zmsoap -t mail -m $sharee -p test123 CreateDataSourceRequest/caldav @name=davMailCalendar @pollingInterval=1m
@isEnabled=1 @l=${folderId} @host="127.0.0.1"
@port="1080" @connectionType="ssl"
@username=${davmailUserName}
@password="${davmailPassword}"
a="p:/principals/users/_USERNAME_" @n="zimbraDataSourceAttribute"

Possible values for connectionType - Which security layer to use for connection (cleartext, ssl, tls, or tls if available).
skkkkk

Post by skkkkk »

I followed these instructions (btw, thank you very much) and managed to get the calendar folder created, but it still does noting: No meetings, no errors. How to I proceed with debugging this? What logs to check, etc? I tried ssl and cleartext to no effect.