caldav user

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
it2@platbox.com

caldav user

Post by it2@platbox.com »

hi everybody.
I have zimbra 8.5 and I'm setting up a caldav.
I created user calendar@domain.com and share his calendar to everybody in domain.
But when I create an event, the organizer is calendar@domain.com but not the person who really create an event.
Is it possible to make the organizer of a real person ?
Thanks!
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

caldav user

Post by Gren Elliot »

No, Zimbra doesn't support that way of working at the moment I'm afraid.
it2@platbox.com

caldav user

Post by it2@platbox.com »

Thanks for answer!

Maybe you know, is it planning to add this feature?
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

caldav user

Post by Gren Elliot »

Calconnect is working on a draft sharing RFC at the moment - draft-pot-caldav-sharing
That has this to say:
The "ORGANIZER" iCalendar property value in the iCalendar data MUST match a calendar user address of the sharer (owner) of the shared calendar. The DAV:owner WebDAV property MUST be present on a shared calendar and MUST provide a reference to a principal-URL of the sharer (owner) of the shared calendar. Clients can use this value to determine what the allowed "ORGANIZER" iCalendar property values are. The server MUST reject any attempt by a sharee to create an iCalendar component with an "ORGANIZER" property value other than the sharer (owner) of the shared calendar.
Unless that approach changes, I think it is unlikely, although it isn't ultimately my decision. I assume the reason is because allowing multiple organizers of a shared calendar would break most peoples' model of how scheduling functions should work. i.e. Allowing this would result in problems.