2nd Sync Removes all Initial Appointments

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
Freman

2nd Sync Removes all Initial Appointments

Post by Freman »

I have setup a profile in CalDav 2.1.3.0 (using Outlook 32bit 2016)

On the initial sync I can see that all the existing appointments (in Outlook) are uploaded to the Zimbra server (confirmed via Zimbra web interface for the user account).

On the very next Sync every single one of those initial appointments are deleted from the server (they still exist in the local calendar). New appointments are not deleted from Zimbra and persist.

I've gone as far as exporting the entire calendar to an ics file, deleted all calendar items from Outlook & Zimbra (the new items that persist normally) and then importing the ics file to start again, but exactly the same problem occurs over again.

This problem appears to affect just this one account and all others are using the same version of CalDav & Outlook.

Any idea why this might occur.
Freman

Re: 2nd Sync Removes all Initial Appointments

Post by Freman »

I should also add that when I add other profiles to CalDav for the shared calendars of other users it syncs to them also and then deletes the items from Zimbra.

Were using Zimbra 8.6.0
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: 2nd Sync Removes all Initial Appointments

Post by Gren Elliot »

Perhaps worth enabling "dav" tracing on the server for the user and looking at what commands are being executed against it by the client.
Enable using:

Code: Select all

addAccountLogger user@example.com zimbra.dav TRACE
Disable when finished capturing data:

Code: Select all

addAccountLogger user@example.com zimbra.dav INFO