Lightning | Notification not send with shared calendar

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
vdagost-fr

Lightning | Notification not send with shared calendar

Post by vdagost-fr »

Hi guys

I have an user who set a caldav access to a read-write calendar an other user shared with him.

Everything is alright with the webmail but with lightning (Thunderbird) there is an issue with notifications.

Using lightning, when he creates an event with attendies, notifications are NOT sent by Zimbra !

It works with his main calendar.

Is this a bug, a lack of functionality or maybe a setting is needed ?

Regards

Victor
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Lightning | Notification not send with shared calendar

Post by Gren Elliot »

I don't know for certain but I would guess that Lightning is specifying the sharee as the ORGANIZER, instead of the sharer. If that is the case, then Zimbra wouldn't generate invitations for it. You could confirm by switching on DAV tracing on the server using something similar to:

Code: Select all

zmprov addAccountLogger user@example.com zimbra.soap TRACE
You probably want to set the value to INFO when you've finished. If my suspicion is correct then this really needs to be fixed in Lightning - which should specify the sharer as the value of ORGANIZER and the sharee should be in the SENT-BY parameter.
vdagost-fr

Post by vdagost-fr »

Hi Gren

Thanks you for helping me.

Using the owner (the sharer) of the calendar as "organizer" results in the same behavior.

But what is the SENT-BY parameter ? Is-it an ics field ?

Regards
Victor
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

It is an ICS field RFC compliant :
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt
Last edited by DualBoot on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guy - DualBoot

PostMaster - WikiMaster - SysAdmin
"Free Your Mind. Think Open Source"
april.org
Zetalliance Member - zetalliance.org
vdagost-fr

Post by vdagost-fr »

Hi

My coworker already tried that. This is what lightning does :

- I'm using lightning with an account named grantee.
- The owner's calendar is shared with me in read and write
- I create an event in the shared calendar with an other attendee
- Here is the organizer line :
ORGANIZER;CN=Name Firstname;SENT-BY="mailto:grantee@mail.com":mailto:owner@mail.com

And Zimbra does not send any notification ...
vdagost-fr

Post by vdagost-fr »

Hi guys

I think i've found a Zimbra 8.6 patch 7 issue here.

Icalendar notification are not sent if the owner of shared calendar is on an other store.

In the mailboxd log, on the owner store, there is an exception :
2016-10-18 13:42:29,949 INFO [qtp509886383-93562:https://10.69.212.37:443/dav/user1@entr ... e7332e.ics] [aname=user2@entreprise.net;ip=10.69.212.42;ua=Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1;] dav - Exception thrown when creating auto scheduling message
com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: operation sent to wrong host (you want 'lxlyofcs126.entreprise.dom')
ExceptionId:qtp509886383-93562:https://10.69.212.37:443/dav/user1@entr ... f426a16c10
Code:service.WRONG_HOST Arg:(host, STR, "lxlyofcs126.entreprise.dom")
at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.WRONG_HOST(ServiceException.java:326)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxManager.lookupAccountWithHostCheck(MailboxManager.java:367)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxManager.getMailboxByAccountId(MailboxManager.java:352)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxManager.getMailboxByAccountId(MailboxManager.java:314)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxManager.getMailboxByAccount(MailboxManager.java:260)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxManager.getMailboxByAccount(MailboxManager.java:219)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.caldav.AutoScheduler$AutoScheduleMsg.sendSchedulingMsg(AutoScheduler.java:294)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.caldav.AutoScheduler.processSchedulingMessages(AutoScheduler.java:208)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.caldav.AutoScheduler$OrganizerAutoScheduler.doSchedulingActionsForNewCreate(AutoScheduler.java:349)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.caldav.AutoScheduler$OrganizerAutoScheduler.doSchedulingActions(AutoScheduler.java:318)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.resource.CalendarCollection.createItem(CalendarCollection.java:588)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.service.method.Put.handle(Put.java:49)
at com.zimbra.cs.dav.service.DavServlet.service(DavServlet.java:368)
There is in the source code a boolean named skipMailHostCheck which is false but should be true during this operation.

Regards

Victor
Last edited by vdagost-fr on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vdagost-fr

Post by vdagost-fr »

Awaiting a reply from https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=107018

Here is my proposed patch :

At line 294 in java source code file AutoScheduler.java :

Mailbox mbox = MailboxManager.getInstance().getMailboxByAccount(ctxt.getAuthAccount());
should be something like :

Mailbox mbox = MailboxManager.getInstance().getMailboxByAccountId(ctxt.getAuthAccount().getId(), true);
Victor