Problems with CalDav x Mac OS Sierra 10.12 - Zimbra 8.6.0

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
marciogentil

Problems with CalDav x Mac OS Sierra 10.12 - Zimbra 8.6.0

Post by marciogentil »

Good afternoon. I'm having trouble using CalDav between Zimbra 8.6.0 and MAS OS Sierra 10.12. When I set up the CalDAv account on the Iphone, it works perfectly. But when I set up the CalDav account on MAC OS, it does not work. The message that the MAC OS reports is that it was unable to validate the user and password. Although the setup screen is pretty much the same, MAC OS does not work. Are there any other settings to be made in ZImbra or MAC? Or is there another calendar sync program that uses CalDAv that I can install on the Mac? Thank you
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Problems with CalDav x Mac OS Sierra 10.12 - Zimbra 8.6.0

Post by Gren Elliot »

The last time I tried this on Sierra it worked for me (I haven't updated my work mac to Sierra yet - so I haven't tried it for a month or so).

You could try BusyCal 3. (Available on the App Store - or https://www.busymac.com/busycal/index.html) which is what I use and I personally think it is worth the $30 odd that is costs. (Admittedly, I use it on El Capitan)
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

Hi

In my test zimbra 8.7.1 with caldav and macOS Sierra does not work correct. some events of shared calendars are shown and some not I don't see any pattern.
So not usable at all. busymac has the same problem.

Has anybody successfully connected a macOS Sierra with zimbra 8.7.1 ( except with the web interface?)

- Manuel
symo

Post by symo »

Hi everyone, glad to see that is a common problem. After I upgraded from 8.6.0 to 8.7.1 CalDav with Mac OS is unusable: some events are showed and others are disappeared. Tried to remove shares and recreate but this doesn't fix the issue.

Please, anyone can help to find a solution to this frustrating problem?

Thanks!
Simone
howanitz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by howanitz »

I have started seeing more errors syncing MacOS Calendar app with Zimbra. For single users, I was able to fix by exporting the users calendar, deleting all events, then importing the backup. However, I can consistently get MacOS Calendar app to fail by adding three or more shared calendars, even if individual calendars work and syncs fine for that user by itself.

Zimbra 8.7.11 Network edition (paid lic)
Tested with
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
and
macOS 10.12 Sierra

iOS calendar sync with mobile seems to be fine. It seems like Apple is not supporting & improving their desktop apps the way they used to. Very frustrating!!!

Tried BusyCal on macOS, and everything works, even syncing eight or more shared calendars. Tried with multiple accounts, Zimbra, gmail, and iCloud, all at once, and that works great also. (Have not tried their mobile app, see no need to so far.)

https://www.busymac.com/busycal/