Zimbra Shared Calendar in Outlook 2013 wo Connector

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64

Zimbra Shared Calendar in Outlook 2013 wo Connector

Post by jasggomes »

Hi to everyone,
Probably this has been already discussed, but couldn't find any valuable info regarding it so far.

We are using Zimbra Open Source 8.6.0 P7, and we are now using Outlook to access it. We were using Thunderbird but management decided to move to Outlook, against all my objections.

So they have 2 calendars shared from one central user and now they want to be able to use them on the Outlook.

So far, I added the calendars to each user outlook, BUT .... its only Read-Only!! They cant alter nothing using outlook calendar feature. In thunderbird there where no problems at all.

So my question is this feasible ?? or do we need to have the Zimbra Outlook Connector?

If the ZOC is needed, that means that we need to move on to the 'paid' version, right?

Or there is another way of working with the shared calendars from Zimbra on Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

JG
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Re: Zimbra Shared Calendar in Outlook 2013 wo Connector

Post by lytledd »

jasggomes wrote:Hi to everyone,

Or there is another way of working with the shared calendars from Zimbra on Outlook?

JG
If you have the capacity to run another server, I run mine as a VM, this is what I do at home and it has been tested with Outlook 2013 & 2016, IPhone and Android.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbrabackend/

Doug
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

lytledd wrote:
jasggomes wrote:Hi to everyone,

JG
If you have the capacity to run another server, I run mine as a VM, this is what I do at home and it has been tested with Outlook 2013 & 2016, IPhone and Android.

Doug

Thank you Doug, in fact we are running Zimbra as a VM, on Hyper-v.
I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks
JG
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

Doug
Hi Doug, thank you again.

Quick question, do you have a link to/or an How-to to implement this?

Thanks in advance
JG [/quote]
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

jasggomes wrote:Quick question, do you have a link to/or an How-to to implement this?
The sourceforge actually has the details in their wiki and you can find further information and report bugs in the Mobility forum (on this site) as well. A quick internet search for +"how to" +"z-push" will get you all the details you need. It's a great product and good support by Liverpoolfcfan, you should find it fairly easy to implement it, if I can do it anyone can. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

Quick question, do you have a link to/or an How-to to implement this?

Thanks in advance
JG

As Bill stated, you'll find the instructions on the z-push wiki, you'll also find instructions in the tar.gz files.

Just a little background.

Z-Push does not include a Zimbra 'backend', that's what Vincent wrote. So, you're setting things up the way the Z-Push wiki describes, but then add the Zimbra backend that he created.
Also, Vincent develops under CentOS, I found out early on that spinning up a CentOS VM made things a lot easier when running into problems.

If you have any further questions, I'm more then willing to help.

Doug