Sending and receiving mail

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
WantedStarling

Sending and receiving mail

Postby WantedStarling » Thu May 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello, I just finished setting up Zimbra successfully, I also logged into the admin panel. Next thing I did was to go to Accounts and right clicked on the admin mail and clicked on View Mail. Then mails for the admin opened in a new tab. After this, I tried to test the server, so I tried to send an email from my personal Hotmail account to the admin address which is admin@mail.wantedstarling.com and I got response that this recipient does not exist. Then I tried to send a mail to my personal account from the admin account and got a response that I am blocked by Spamhaus. I went to Spamhaus to request removal of my IP but in order to do this they must send me a code so they can confirm I am not a robot but this is no possible because I can neither receive mails.

What do I do from here? I have valid MX records, isn’t my server set up correctly? Am I not using the correct email address or do I have to create another one for these purposes?

Thank you for your time

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Sending and receiving mail

Postby phoenix » Fri May 24, 2019 4:31 am

What does this post have to do with Zimbra Desktop which is the forum in which you've posted? I'll move this to the correct forum.

First thing to mention, the reason you're admin didn't receive the mail is that you are using the wrong domain name, it should be: admin@wantedstanding.com What you've used is a subdomain and I'm guessing you have "mail.wantedstanding.com" as the primary domain on your server.

Telling us you have "valid MX records" doesn't really tell us anything and without the exact details of your domain name and the resulting output from the relevant dig commands would tell us whether they're correct, or not. ;)r
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168

Return to “General Questions”