Build 1083 notes

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Build 1083 notes

Post by mmorse »

Bug 16196 - Get Mail causes Focus change

rajahd
Advanced member
Advanced member

Build 1083 notes

Post by rajahd »

[quote user="mmorse"]Bug 16196 - Get Mail causes Focus change

[/QUOTE]
Missed that one. Thanks.
Is there a new build coming soon? Just wondering.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Build 1083 notes

Post by mmorse »

We're you asking of ZCS or Zimbra Desktop?

Every last build of the Desktop isn't getting pushed public yet.

But for both we're always working towards the next release ;)

Details on 5.0.3 go up on the Zimbra Product Portal
rajahd
Advanced member
Advanced member

Build 1083 notes

Post by rajahd »

I was referring to ZD. Though I'm looking forward to 5.0.3 of ZCS as well. If some of the issues that affect us are resolved I'll see about converting over to it which may help with the ZD issues. Thanks!
csamuel

Build 1083 notes

Post by csamuel »

Some good news - whereas the web interface for Zimbra no longer has working Zimlets for Firefox users here in Australia it does work with Zimbra Desktop!
Great stuff..
Now if only I could get more than 1GB RAM in my laptop!
rajahd
Advanced member
Advanced member

Build 1083 notes

Post by rajahd »

I've noticed that when I send a message it doesn't show up in the Sent folder until the next scheduled sync or manual Get Mail. The mail is sent immediately, I have confirmed this by sending to other e-mail accounts and checking them.
Is this a bug or just a timing issue that the Sent mailbox is resync'd before the Outbook is processed?
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Build 1083 notes

Post by jjzhuang »

This is actually by design, to a degree. We deliberately avoid moving the mail locally to sent folder because it will be done on the server side.
What sync schedule do you use? If you are running a 5.0 server and you are using "as mail arrives" which enables push, this is not an issue.
rajahd
Advanced member
Advanced member

Build 1083 notes

Post by rajahd »

I'm going against ZCS 4.5.10. My sync schedule is whatever the defaults are.
My problem with that design is the mail is removed from the Outbox when it's sent and is therefore "gone" until the next sync. Even with push in 5.0 is there harm in moving it to the Sent folder instead of deleting it?
Edit: Filed a bugzilla enhancement request-

Bug 25081 - Sent message dissappears until next sync
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Build 1083 notes

Post by jjzhuang »

We can't directly move it to Sent locally as that would create duplicates when we sync again. But we can probably find another way to make it show up sooner. Please file it as a bug. Thanks!
rajahd
Advanced member
Advanced member

Build 1083 notes

Post by rajahd »

Next issues:
* I can't seem to delete an individual e-mail from the trash folder. When I select 1 or more e-mail in the trash folder and press the Delete button nothing happens. I've done a "Get Mail" to force a sync and verified the messages were not removed. Empty Trash purges all items in the trash folder as expected, but sometimes I want to clear out some noise messages without permanently getting rid of everything.
* Deleting a message in the junk folder moves it to the trash folder. Is this by design? It would make more sense to me for the junk folder to work like the trash folder where deleting messages results in permanent removal, not an additional step of removing it from the trash folder.