Couldn't load XPCOM.

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
tuxdna

Couldn't load XPCOM.

Post by tuxdna »

The installation script must detect the architecture automatically and warn the user about incompatible architecture.
On Fedora 16 x86_64 this was resolved like so:
yum install xulrunner-8.0-1.fc16.i686
ercanyuzuk

Couldn't load XPCOM.

Post by ercanyuzuk »

hi guys,

i had a same problem, but i could fix it. this is the command;
cd /lib64

ln -s /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/lib/libzimbra-native.so
after this, you can open the zimbra desktop
good luck ...
chadclan

Couldn't load XPCOM.

Post by chadclan »

After chasing my tail on this one with none of the above solutions having worked for me I finally PAID ATTENTION TO THE INSTALLATION MESSAGE! LOL!
"WARNING: ia32-libs is missing for x86_64 platform. This package is required to run Zimbra Desktop on 64-bit Linux."
It doesn't abort the installation so I glossed over it.
MESSAGE TO VMWare ZDesktop Package Maintainer - it should probably abort the installation if the ia32-libs are missing (um just like every other software packaging tool does) since the application won't run without them on a 64-bit system.
kohlijordan

Re: Couldn't load XPCOM.

Post by kohlijordan »

Method 1. Close Couldn't stack XPCOM blunder message, open another program like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome and Download the most recent form of Mozilla Firefox.

After the total upgrade, you might have the capacity to run Firefox of course.

Method 2: Complete Uninstall and Re-introduce of Firefox

Method 1 may not work for everybody in light of the fact that moving up to the new form may not expel the main driver to this issue, if above strategy works then incredible, if not you have to totally uninstall Firefox and re-introduce to the most up to date form with a specific end goal to get this issue settled.

Finish Uninstall implies you have to expel everything identified with Firefox from your PC like –

Uninstalling Firefox
Remove Registry entries
Remove from Program files
Delete entries from AppData folder
Deleting from Program data Folder

All above task is going to tedious, especially removing entries from the registry, since I don’t recommend playing with Registry Editor, deleting the wrong registry keys may lead to other errors or complete system failure.

Reference: - https://www.techwhoop.com/couldnt-load-xpcom/