Does 7.1.1 fix Yahoo mail problem

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
petepapin

Post by petepapin »

Does this build resolve the errors users are reporting involving Yahoo! and Ymail! accounts and the inability of Zimbra Desktop to send emails using these accounts?
medicaldiamonds

Post by medicaldiamonds »

[quote user="petepapin"]Does this build resolve the errors users are reporting involving Yahoo! and Ymail! accounts and the inability of Zimbra Desktop to send emails using these accounts?[/QUOTE]
No it does not. The upcoming 7.1.2, I was told, included the fix.
Robert 12345

Post by Robert 12345 »

Kindly advise when zimbra desktop version 7.1.2 will be available for download. Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Robert 12345"]Kindly advise when zimbra desktop version 7.1.2 will be available for download. Thanks.[/QUOTE]The usual answer is, when it's ready for release. Products are not pre-announced and subject to internal testing before release, you'll see an announcement in the forums when it's available. There are several forum comments that mention Sept/Oct as a target but that is always just a target and subject to change.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dagar »

How come the bugs/enhancements for ZD are not in pm.zimbra.com?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="dagar"]How come the bugs/enhancements for ZD are not in pm.zimbra.com?[/QUOTE]Probably because it's not been updated? ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
sbbrown

Post by sbbrown »

It seems unusual that an issue as large as this (when using Yahoo Mail with Zimbra Desktop, sending emails are rejected and returned to the user with message "SendMessage request failed: Method context doesn't exist". This is due to a change in Yahoo's mail handling) has taken more than 6 weeks to fixed.
I do understand that software revisions take time and resources, however, this issue is a major one-not minor. Consider that Yahoo Mail is the #1 email site makes this a defacto major issue. And yes, it may not even be truly ZD's issue, but this is what the end user sees-incompatability.
In my opinion, a product that is unresponsive to user needs such as this in a timely basis by default effects its own credibility, integrity and growth. I can't imagine a big player such as MS, Google, Yahoo or Facebook to allow this type of negligence to go on for so long.
It is not that the community is not appreciative of this application, by contrast, we try to spread the word and get it used by other users, but that is difficult to do when it is truly "broken'. At this point in time, I am thin on making excuses to others for this situation and patience is wearing thin. Thanks for reading my vent.
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dagar »

I agree with you. I think that in order to gain more traction Zimbra really needs to work on ZD. It has the potential to replace Outlook, but it needs to see some serious love by the developers.
jdmoncrieff

Post by jdmoncrieff »

Is there a unofficial hack to fix sending email from yahoo. IE Could I edit the source code my self. I take it yahoo has change some thing in the API itself.

Jeff