Is it possible to set this kind of filter?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I want to create a folder that holds all of my sent mail and my incoming mail. I still want the sent and outgoing mail to remain in their default folders but I want them in the created folder as well. I was able to do that with incoming mail but can't figure it out with my sent mail. Anyone have any idea?
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

Do you really want to have them physically in a folder? Most people use different searches to achieve the same effect. You can easily put those messages in a single view as if they were in the same folder using a search string. Hope this helps. Thanks!
Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I know it's an odd way to do that, but it isn't for me, it's for a client of ours and it will be synced to his PDA. This is what he wants for some reason. So do you know if it's possible to get all your inbox mail and sent mail into one folder, while keeping them in the inbox and sent folders as well? It doesn't have to be using filters, thats just a way I thought about going about it.
Thanks
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

Is this specific to Zimbra Desktop? Somehow I don't see sync with PDA related to Zimbra Desktop. Thanks!
Tim G

Post by Tim G »

Well he is using Zimbra and if we could get the messages into the folders the way I said, we would then mirror that to his PDA. They are using ZCS as their email client and syncing with PDAs or Blackberries.
Tim G

Post by Tim G »

Any ideas?