Zimbra Desktop, still checking mail when not logged in

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
kirme3
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by kirme3 »

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I have Zimbra Desktop Alpha(whatever the most recent is) on MS Vista Enterprise. I recently changed my password too. I noticed in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log on my mailstore that I had a bunch of authentication errors on my account from Zimbra Desktop. I thought that was odd, because I currently did not have the Zimbra Desktop app running. I ran Zimbra Desktop and removed my account settings(since I'm not using it much right now) and the errors are no longer in my log. Is Zimbra Desktop supposed to continue checking mail, even when the app isn't running? :confused:
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

When you say it's not running, do you mean you shutdown the zdesktop process altogether or just closed the browser window? zdesktop core services run in the background and is auto started if you reboot. Closing the browser window doesn't really stop it. Thanks!
kirme3
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by kirme3 »

Yeah, I just closed the Window. I know there is the service that is still running in the background. I am just curious if it should still be attempting to authenticate to zimbra after I close the ZDesktop browser window or even at a restart.
The reason I noticed is because I had changed my password, but had not updated the password change to ZDesktop, so my logs are full of a bunch of authentication errors from me.