[SOLVED] Social Zimlet on Zimbra Desktop

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
susumige

Post by susumige »

Is it possible to deploy Zimbra Social Zimlet on Zimbra Desktop?
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

Please find the zimlet-social zip file attached. To install zimbra-social, following the following steps:
1. find your zimlets folder.

macos - ~/Library/Zimbra Desktop/zimlets/

xp - C:Documents and Settings\Local SettingsApplication Dataimbraimbra Desktopzimlets

vista/7 - C:Users\AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktopzimlets
2. copy the attached zimlet zip file to that zimlets folder.
3. restart the ZD data engine. You need to right click doc icon (mac) or tray icon (win) and select "Shutdown Service...", and confirm you want to shutdown. Then run ZD again.
4. when the UI relaunches, you should now see the zimbra social tab. note that enabling zimbra social will increase UI load time. To disable it, go the preferences -> zimlets and check it.
com_zimbra_social.zip
susumige

Post by susumige »

It works! Thanks a lot.
AndreaWoe

Post by AndreaWoe »

Hi,

I tried it with the new Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta.

And could´t get it working...

Is it not supported yet for the new version?
BrasilNut

Post by BrasilNut »

[quote user="AndreaWoe"]Hi,

I tried it with the new Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta.

And could´t get it working...

Is it not supported yet for the new version?[/QUOTE]
I too, am curious about this.
aussietanker

Post by aussietanker »

[quote user="jjzhuang"]Please find the zimlet-social zip file attached. To install zimbra-social, following the following steps:
1. find your zimlets folder.

macos - ~/Library/Zimbra Desktop/zimlets/

xp - C:Documents and Settings\Local SettingsApplication Dataimbraimbra Desktopzimlets

vista/7 - C:Users\AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktopzimlets
2. copy the attached zimlet zip file to that zimlets folder.
3. restart the ZD data engine. You need to right click doc icon (mac) or tray icon (win) and select "Shutdown Service...", and confirm you want to shutdown. Then run ZD again.
4. when the UI relaunches, you should now see the zimbra social tab. note that enabling zimbra social will increase UI load time. To disable it, go the preferences -> zimlets and check it.[/QUOTE]
still trying to get these zimlets to work - i have done what you suggested ... in Xp ... i have placed the zimlet zip files (unzipped) in the folder >>>> C:Documents and Settings\Local SettingsApplication Dataimbraimbra Desktopzimlets

in the zimlets folder i have the following zip files >>> Birthday reminder, Email reminder, social, sticky notes, wikipedia, ycurrency, yflickr, ymaps, dnd ...

but after restarting zimbra i do not see the zimbra social tab (perhaps i am not looking in the right place - where is it meant to be and what does it look like > can anyone post a screen shot of what these zimlet tabs look like) ... or tabs for any other zimlets for that matter :( ..
the only reference to zimlets that i can see on my machine when i open Zimbra is when i go to advanced search ... then there is a zimlet tab ... it only shows a check box for phone number and url ... nothing else ... there is no zimlet tab under preferences, which is where i would have expected to see the zimlet tabs...
searching on this forum shows quite a number of threads asking how to get these zimlets working ... but the answers do not seem to be very clear ...
again, can anyone post some clear instructions as to how to install these so that they work ... please :)
Narev

Post by Narev »

Jup i am finding myself with the same trouble, i could not get the zimlet to work in ZD. Do you need to activiate anything first to enable zimlets?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Narev"]Jup i am finding myself with the same trouble, i could not get the zimlet to work in ZD. Do you need to activiate anything first to enable zimlets?[/QUOTE]I'm assuming the o/p question was about ZD 1.x, is that what you're using and if so did you follow the steps in post #2?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Narev

Post by Narev »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I'm assuming the o/p question was about ZD 1.x, is that what you're using and if so did you follow the steps in post #2?[/QUOTE]
The thing is i always assumed to use zd 2.0 but i just found out i was not, this is why it did not work for me. To all who do not see the zimlet window, make sure you are using zd 2 :]