Zimbra makes it impossible to use it's products

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
tolmarc

Post by tolmarc »

Does someone knows where can I get nightly builds?
tolmarc

Post by tolmarc »

this is became a habit, and it really shows the inner workings of a company. I'm talking about delaying without any notice/explanation the release of beta 2 to Zimbra Desktop 2
Why do publish dates of release if you've got no intention to uphold to them? And why are this dates gets changed without any notice or update to the users? did you thought about users who are planning an installation based on the release dates of some products?
So if you planned to download your new Zimbra desktop beta version yesterday as been committed and published for several weeks, you're supposed to be left in the dark until today, where you'll be informed it's actually 3/22.
Zimbra is making the usage of it's products impossible. Even Microsoft has better release schedule on it's office products. That's really helps in making fans looking for alternatives. and it really make you learn something about how a company treats it's customers when this is how it's treats it's fan base.
by the way, you can't comment on zimbra blog. you get an yahoo 404. is this on purpose or deliberate?
tolmarc

Post by tolmarc »

the date was suddenly changes to 3/22, after no news from the company yesterday, the original release date. I can't believe that this is supposed to be a community project. It seems that no one in the Users community has a clue about what's going on with the product.
tolmarc

Post by tolmarc »

@jrg:

release date was changed to 3/22 without any explanation or reference in the blog or in the forums.
You just can't relay on Zimbra.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

I know some projects like to consistently release on the same day of the month all the time, our portal is simply a little more fluid. Whether it's one more known issue we're trying to nail down in QA and Engineering, or a feature request we'd like to fit in; rest assured the teams have good reasons - with your benefit in mind.
Now will everyone agree that X is worth delaying release for? Of course not, you all have different needs - we try to strike a balance. If the date on PMweb was bumped back only a week, then if we had to do it again there'd be complaints as well, better just to say two weeks out and deliver early :cool:
chiomzie

Post by chiomzie »

i kw wat u mean, half of d people on planet earth dont even know about zimbra.lol.

[quote user="tolmarc"]the date was suddenly changes to 3/22, after no news from the company yesterday, the original release date. I can't believe that this is supposed to be a community project. It seems that no one in the Users community has a clue about what's going on with the product.[/QUOTE]
chiomzie

Post by chiomzie »

while we r on d subject of ZD Beta 3, i read somewhere that d reading pane is at d bottom, pls pls pls can we at least have d option of having our reading panes to the right, it just makes for a better reading pace.

thanks guys.:)

[quote user="mmorse"]I know some projects like to consistently release on the same day of the month all the time, our portal is simply a little more fluid. Whether it's one more known issue we're trying to nail down in QA and Engineering, or a feature request we'd like to fit in; rest assured the teams have good reasons - with your benefit in mind.
Now will everyone agree that X is worth delaying release for? Of course not, you all have different needs - we try to strike a balance. If the date on PMweb was bumped back only a week, then if we had to do it again there'd be complaints as well, better just to say two weeks out and deliver early :cool:[/QUOTE]
rdronov

Post by rdronov »

Hi all,
I think we all need some patience. There is not a tragedy to match two releases in one day - ZCS 6.0.6 and ZD 2.0 beta2. Moreover, next release of ZD 2 considering to be in beta quality. So, there are still many things to improve.
Best wishes,

Roman
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Service »

The reading pane on the right is already in ZD Beta 1, look under views on the mail tab
chiomzie

Post by chiomzie »

m using beta 2 and i was talking about beta 3

[quote]The reading pane on the right is already in ZD Beta 1, look under views on the mail tab[/QUOTE]