Zimbra web client - how to change maximum number of tags preloaded

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
fuki

Post by fuki »

Hello everyone,
 we are running on opensource Zimbra 8.5.1 now. One of my colleagues likes tags so much, that he had created more than 100 of uniq tags to
mark his mail communication.
  The problem is, that if he will press 't' in ZWC to tag the e-mail, only first 100 of tags is listed (and filtered by search string helper). At the
last line he can find "read more tags" link, which will provide the rest of them.
  Is it possible to set higher number of tags to be preloaded on 't' press? I can't find such setting in the Admin Console. I hope it's not hardcoded...

Thank you,
  Fuki
cdamon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cdamon »

Sorry, it is hard-coded. Having that many tags or folders seemed to us to be rare enough that we didn't want to add yet another setting. If you feel like changing it in the code, it's in .../ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/share/view/ZmTreeView.js:

ZmTreeView.MAX_ITEMS = 50;

The default initial fetch is two times that constant.
fuki

Post by fuki »

Thank you for your comment. I've tried to change the value to 70 and later to 100, but no change. I've restarted jetty (zmmailboxdctl restart) after every code update. I've also tried to open the session with completely new web browser's profile. Are you completely sure, that this is the right variable? Or should I restart other service or cleanup some server-side cache ?

Thanks!
fuki

Post by fuki »

Ok, I've updated this variable in two files:

NewWindow_2_all.js.zgz

Startup1_2_all.js.zgz

in

Now (no restarts needed, just browser web client reload using F5) it works fine. Thank you for the direction.

Fuki
cdamon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cdamon »

You're welcome! Sorry, I should have mentioned the packages that file appears in, since in an actual build those are what need to be changed.
hajicjan

Re: Zimbra web client - how to change maximum number of tags preloaded

Post by hajicjan »

Dear all, we have been able to do this for the web client. Is there similar hardcoded constant for the desktop (it also shows only 50 tags, I have several hundred...)? Or even a parameter to set? thanks!