Relay access denied via webmail

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
symo

Post by symo »

Hello everybody! I'm running Zimbra COS 8.5.1 on Ubuntu Server 12.0.4 and I'm facing with a strange issue only when I use webmail to send messages. I checked the zimbra.log and i found this:

################
Dec 19 14:38:37 mail postfix/smtpd[30850]: connect from unknown[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]
Dec 19 14:38:37 mail postfix/smtpd[30850]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from unknown[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]: <luciano.rinaldi@xxx.xxx>: Sender address triggers FILTER smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<luciano.rinaldi@xxx.xxx> to=<xxx@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.xxx.xx>
Dec 19 14:38:37 mail postfix/smtpd[30850]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]: 554 5.7.1 <xxx@gmail.com>: Relay access denied; from=<luciano.rinaldi@xxx.xxx> to=<xxx@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.xxx.xxx>
Dec 19 14:38:37 mail postfix/smtpd[30850]: disconnect from unknown[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]
################
I tried to follow this article in the Wiki but I'm still facing with the issue.
Please can anobody help?
Kind regards
Simone
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi symo,

It is a new installation? Did you change something in the past days? Doy uo have all your DNS environment properly configured?

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
symo

Post by symo »

Hi Jorge! Thanks for your reply. No, it's an existing installation, and I have faced with this issue since the beginning. I've confingured two domains.

Following the previous mentioned Wiki article did not fix the issue. So I try to add to mynetworks the public IP of the server (currently binded by the firewall) and it seems to fix the issue, but I'm not sure this is the right way to fix the problem.

Also, If I look at the maill.log, I can see that sometimes sending a message I get a warning:

######

Dec 22 09:32:18 mail postfix/smtpd[23148]: warning: hostname mail.xxx.it does not resolve to address xxx.xx.xx.253 ----- (resolve on public IP)

######

Next message sent, no warning:

######

Dec 22 09:30:51 mail postfix/smtpd[16755]: connect from mail.xxx.it[172.16.10.5] ----- (resolve on private IP)

######

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Simone