Calendar appointment colors and filter viewing issues

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Western Office

Post by Western Office »

Hello,
I have a client that I've setup a new Zimbra email server for and they have some specific requirements of which I'm not sure all will be possible. Two I think are more related to the general Zimbra config, so the two I'll ask here are as stated in the subject:
NOTE: In the Zimbra Desktop client, all of the users have two email accounts, their own, as well as a general company-wide one they all share. They mainly only post calendar events to the company-wide email (called Production in this case).
1.) Calendar appointment color. This isn't a big issue, but we noticed that when a single day has more than one appointment, the small vertical bar on the left of the appointment changes color (in this case the first event was blue, the second was red, etc.). I thought it did this automatically to help distinguish between events that occur one after another, but after adding a third appointment, it was red as well.
I couldn't find anywhere to change said color or find online what it means. Does anyone here know what it means or if it's possible to change the colors? I've attached a screenshot I took of the issue to help illustrate. I apologize for the poor quality of the screenshot, but I'm supporting them by remoting in through Teamviewer and they have a slow internet connection. The colors are kind of washed out. I also know the screenshot is from the Zimbra web client and not Zimbra Desktop, but it shows the same thing that I'm talking about. You can see on June 10th what I mean by the colors:

2.) Viewing currently setup email filters. My client was having issues where marking a message as Spam (even after marking different ones from the same place multiple times) wasn't helping the system learn that it should automatically go to the Spam folder. So I suggested adding a filter based on the from email address. By right clicking on the email and going to Add Filter, this works well enough, though a bit more cumbersome as it wasn't as easy as what he did when he was using Novell Groupwise before, but it seems to still work.
The problem is when after setting up a filter or two, there doesn't seem to be any way to view them. If I go to the Preferences and then to Filters under the user's account, it always pops up an error message that filters cannot be viewed in the Zimbra Desktop client and that you must login via webmail to view/edit filters. I thought that this was ridiculous as I know the filter was created successfully and you can do just about everything else in the desktop client, so why is the one section not working? So I then logged into his email via webmail, went to Preferences->Filters and there's still no filters there. Yet, if I right-click on one of his emails in the desktop client and go to Filters, it lists the few filters that were created (meaning if we wanted to add that email to a current filter). But that's the only place I can see them.
Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Or is this a known issue that's being worked on? Again, it's not a huge issue at the moment, but I know that he'll want several filters since the Spam filtering isn't working exactly as he wants it to.
The other two issues (for now) are more related to general Zimbra configuration things, but I'll post that in the General Zimbra Issues forum. Thank you for anyone who responds and tries to help, it's much appreciated.  :-)
Western Office

Post by Western Office »

Is there no one with any suggestions or advice on either topic? Please, anything at all would be great. Thank you.
rkellogg

Re: Calendar appointment colors and filter viewing issues

Post by rkellogg »

I am also interested in anyone who might have an answer on this question.