Zimbra Administrator Console not accessible

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
VPark

Post by VPark »

I installed Zimbra Open Source Edition 8.6 in my server. I am able to access user page from the browser (mail.xyz.com), but I cannot access administrator page (mail.xyz.com:7071). Although I am able to access administrator console from the SERVER itself (local network). Does anyone have any sort of idea what / how I went wrong. 
For information, every other services are working fine. Just the admin console is not accessible.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

From your description it sounds like you have a firewall or connection problem and I hope you're not trying to connect to the Admin UI from the internet.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
VPark

Post by VPark »

Yes. I'm trying to connect from the internet. I have disabled firewall and IPTABLES in my centos enviroment. I am clueless now. Dont know what to do next.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Do not, under any circumstances, expose the Admin UI to the internet - if you need to manage your server then use something more secure such as a VPN. You don't really want to expose your server to the internet without being behind a firewall. I'll also add again that it sounds like you have a firewall/connection problem, if you can access the Admin UI form the server itself then the problem lies elsewhere and it's not with Zimbra.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
VPark

Post by VPark »

Thanks @phoenix. It seems like I have to enable Internal ports to expose my ports within Internet network ONLY. But again 'Change Password' tab is not redirecting to the page where I can change my password as a user.

Thanks for your information. It was helpful.
nikhilglory98

Re: Zimbra Administrator Console not accessible

Post by nikhilglory98 »

I have a problem .. that I am browsing the admin console in rhel 7.4 os and this os is installed in VMware virtual machine.
But when I am browsing the web client and admin console through other system connected in LAN, the web client is opening but, admin console is not opening.
Guide me in this issue to resolve it.