Not able to select address from Personal and shared contacts while sending a mail.

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
sowjendra

Not able to select address from Personal and shared contacts while sending a mail.

Post by sowjendra »

Dear Team,

We are running Zimbra Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P3 on Ubuntu 14.04.(New Installation). We have created a Address book and shared to a internal users.  we are able to see the contacts from the address book in the user login, but when he tries to compose a message and try to select the contact, nothing is visible.  Only Global Address List alone is visible.  This is a global issue for all users who are accessing the server. 

Please help us to resolve this issue.

Regards
M. Surendra
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

This is probably because by default, shared contacts are not included in autocomplete. See the preferences in the web client for Contacts,

Autocomplete: "Include addresses in shared contacts".

The underlying property is "zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled" which can be set at the Account or COS level.
sowjendra

Post by sowjendra »

Hi Gren Elliot,

Thank you for the reply.

We have enabled (selected) the Autocomplete:"include address in shared contacts".

I was not able to trace the property "zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled" as explained. Please let me know how to enable this.

Regards

M. Surendra
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

You can use either "zmprov modifyAccount" or "zmprov modifyCos" commands to set properties. If you just type those commands at the command line logged in as the Zimbra user, they will display usage messages for the syntax you need.
sowjendra

Post by sowjendra »

Hi Elliot,

As per your suggestion I executed the command in the below way

zmprov mc default zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled TRUE

zmprov modifyAccount surendra@precot.com zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled TRUE

Still I am not able to see the contacts. It is also giving me a empty list with I search the name from "Personal and Shared Contacts" and "Contacts". It only displays the contacts from "Global Address List".

Please help me out.
sowjendra

Post by sowjendra »

Hi Elliot,

Any feedback on this issue. Do you have any solution for this.

Regards

M. Surendra
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

Just retested and those changes work for me - both for autocomplete when composing a message and in the main search box with "include shared items" selected. Perhaps if you give some exact examples of what contacts you have and what you are typing (plus server side logging at SOAP level, you can switch that on with something like "[tag:zmproaddAccountLogger]user1@example.com zimbra.soap TRACE" - this will result in more logging in mailbox.log) we might be able to make more progress.
sowjendra

Post by sowjendra »

Hi Green Elliot,

Sorry for the late reply, after doing lot of R &D 's, We have found the issue. but waiting for the solution.

While composing a message, It only shows the created contacts from the address Book. Imported contacts are not getting listed.

Do we need to follow any procedure to import the contacts (.csv) or after importing the contacts do we need to rebuild / reindex the folder.

Please suggest me, as we have lot of contacts which needs to be imported and shared to all users.

Regards

M. Surendra
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi,

I've marked the thread like answer, as Gren Elliot response help with the main question. Now about the imported CSV, maybe you can open a new Thread that will be much helpful for the rest of users.

Thank you.
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

I suspect it may depend on the format of the .csv file you use. Perhaps you can post the first (header) line? If you look in ZWC and compare how a contact is displayed with a newly created one, that may be interesting.

For instance, I've just imported a Google contact csv, requesting autodetect and pretty much all the fields are regarded as "Other:", whereas for a newly created contact, I get at least "Email:". I suspect that is required, when searching by name, we are wanting an email address associated with it, so if we match on name but there is not Email: to go with it, that may be the cause.

Note that present, Zimbra only provides autodetection for Zimbra, Yahoo, Thunderbird, Outlook and Windows Live Mail formats. Which means that anything else is done on a best efforts basis.