Hello I want to use External LDAP to login to zimbra mail accounts. i.e. users login credentials are stored at external LDAP server ?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello I want to use External LDAP to login to zimbra mail accounts. i.e. users login credentials are stored at external LDAP server ?

Post by phoenix »

Have you read the product documentation, the wiki articles or even searched the forums and read the many posts on this subject and how to use this feature - the search function works quite well here. [;)] You could also use the admin wizard to configure this feature or even try the product help that gives information on it. You should also give full details of what you've tried and what problems you're actually having.

You should post a thread with a short title and expand on your question in the body of the post not put all the question in the title. You should also give details of the exact version of ZCS that's in use by posting the full output of the following command:

zmcontrol -v
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Prashant Yadav

Post by Prashant Yadav »

I am currently using the zimbra 7.27. Also, i have googled a lot but no further proper response is received. I want the complete steps to work over it ?
andrews

Post by andrews »

This has the full steps for configuring Zimbra. If you need help setting up LDAP, well that's a story for a different forum.

---> https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/LDAP_Authentication

First result on google when searching "Zimbra 7 Ldap Authentication"

You should listen to Phoenix, he gives good advice.