Some questions

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
halnet

Some questions

Post by halnet »

Hi there,
I'm a IT Technician and we have installed a Zimbra Server for mail hosting.
We want to configure Zimbra Desktop to all our customers instead of MS Outlook for integrate all the Zimbra features.
Actually I've only some silly questions about this software:
1) I tried the Backup/Restore feature on the client but it works only at the program startup. There are any solutions for external backup of the local folders?
2) I have read that there are some problems importing (restoring) .tgz backups bigger that 4 GB. It's that true? Do you have any experience about this type of issue?
3) We have installed spamassassin mail filter in Zimbra Server. Works bit fine, but I need to tag spam messages by the classification of server's database. Do you have any advices about it?
4) Is there the possibility of making rules like MS Outlook?

I tried to find that kind of informations without any results.
Sorry for my poor English, I hope you can understand :D

Federico.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Some questions

Post by PriteshGajjar »

1) I tried the Backup/Restore feature on the client but it works only at the program startup. There are any solutions for external backup of the local folders?
Yes. You can see Backup option under "Preferences->All Accounts -> Backups".

2) I have read that there are some problems importing (restoring) .tgz backups bigger that 4 GB. It's that true? Do you have any experience about this type of issue?
You should not face this size problem with 7.2.8 version, which is going to release in this week.

3) We have installed spamassassin mail filter in Zimbra Server. Works bit fine, but I need to tag spam messages by the classification of server's database. Do you have any advices about it?
In ZD you don't have option of filters.

4) Is there the possibility of making rules like MS Outlook?
Filters are not supported in ZD(https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=53566)
ericwi

Post by ericwi »

Hi all,

Just to feedback I've tried to import a 6~ TGZ file and it seems there is no activiity after 6 hours. There is no indication of the importing process and am unsure the status of the import. Is there something I've missed ? Is there a log I can view to importing process is successful?

Thanks
Eric
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Are you importing file of size 6GB? As of now we don't have any indicator which updates import status. We have that item on to-do list.
For logs, you can check C:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Local/Zimbra Desktop/log.
ericwi

Post by ericwi »

Post by PriteshGajjar Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:43 am
Are you importing file of size 6GB? As of now we don't have any indicator which updates import status. We have that item on to-do list.
For logs, you can check C:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Local/Zimbra Desktop/log.
Thanks for the advice Pritesh. At the moment, I am trying the import/export tools in Zimbra. Basically, I have exported out my mails from the Local Folder of my ZD cos I am replacing the machine. I have exported another batch of mails which is about ~2gb and am now importing into the ZD of another machine.After I initiate the importing process, it prompted importing started and then the import button is greyed. Hopefully it will complete by another few hours or so but I checked after 12 hours, i still see the button is greyed out and nothing is imported to the machine. There is nothing in the logs that indicate the importing errors or process.

Am I missing something or what should I be take notice of?

Eric
Vivek Goel
ZCS/ZD Version: ZD 7.2.8

Post by Vivek Goel »

@ericwi : Did you find any resolution to this issue?

Regards
Vivek