Updated Zimbra Desktop and lost all Local folders

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
gene

Updated Zimbra Desktop and lost all Local folders

Post by gene »

I updated Zimbra desktop and lost all my local folders. I am using windows 10 and needs my local folders. How do I get the back or recover them. I am not that tech savvy.

HELP!! Gene
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Re: Updated Zimbra Desktop and lost all Local folders

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi Gene,
Please let us know more about the steps you followed, etc.

Which version you had before, etc.

Don't you backup your computer sometimes using tools like Veeam Endpoint, which is free?

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
gene

Post by gene »

When I opened Zimbra Desktop it would come up to update from time to time. I had been ignoring it until yesterday I hit update now instead of ask me later. I believe i was using desktop 7.1. something. and updating to the 7.2.8. I believe. After it finished I have time setup desktop zimbra and it starting syncing from the work server but did not bring over any local files on my computer. I thought I had history file setup in windows 10 to copy a mirror of my files but I have no back ups.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Upgrading should not have any impact on local folders. Do you see C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store folder with .msg files?
gene

Post by gene »

I found the files on my hard drive but can not open. This is the message I get when I try to open ( Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open file:C;\Users\Gene\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store\0\2\264-6573.msg. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder.

How do I transfer these back into my Local Folders in my Zimbra Desktop because when I open my Zimbra Desktop after I updated, I only have five local folders; inbox, sent, draft, junk and trash.

Thanks for any help
Ranger234

Post by Ranger234 »

Hello, I'm all new here, so Greetings to All of you!

@gene: Could you find a solution for your problem? I have a very similar issue, the difference seems to be that the "old" Zimbra-store was moved to a "x.tmp.x" folder. Now I try to integrate the local folder structure from filesystem.

Best Regards
ramicrc

Post by ramicrc »

i am also same facing problem, kindly help as to resolve
martinezjr

Post by martinezjr »

@gene, A couple of things to do.

1. Make a copy of the folder as listed in a previous reply.
2. Open Zimbra Desktop and set up the auto-archive option.
3. Find this location and copy the older files into it.
4. Wait for Zimbra Desktop to sync that data.

or for viewing single message(s): Right click on the message file, Select "Open with"-> "Choose default program...", Select Zimbra Desktop (if is not listed under the "Recommended Programs", try the "Other Programs"), Check the "Always use the selected program to enter this kind of file"