No minimize to system tray after upgrade to 7.3.0

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
bbrooking

No minimize to system tray after upgrade to 7.3.0

Post by bbrooking »

Hello All:

I excitedly performed an upgrade to Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 last night on a Windows 10 machine. All went well. However, now the ZD application no longer "exits to tray" or "minimizes to tray". By this I mean the previous default behaviour was to minimize to an icon in the system tray when either minimizing the Zimbra Desktop window or closing the Zimbra Desktop window.

Does anyone here know why this behaviour may have changed or how to get it back? This was a favourite feature of mine for ZD.

Thanks.
Lexie.

Re: No minimize to system tray after upgrade to 7.3.0

Post by Lexie. »

I'm having a similar, but different issue. After install of 7.3, and launch, I can close Zimbra, and it minimizes to the tray. However, when I click on the tray icon to open it again, the application opens, then after a few seconds it closes, and is no longer in the tray. I have to relaunch from start menu to open Zimbra. I have had to downgrade back to 7.2.8 GA (build 12102). However, with this version, some emails are truncated, so I look forward to being able to use v7.3 when the launch from tray problem is resolved.

Thanks for the truncation fix!

Windows 10, 32bit install of ZD.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Hey,
We are giving config attribute which you change to get behaviour where ZD keeps running in background even if you close it.

Open C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\conf\localconfig.xml file and change value of following parameter to false.
<key name="zdesktop_quit_on_close">
<value>false</value>
</key>
Lexie.

Post by Lexie. »

Thank you, this fixed the minimize issue. However, I have run into another issue. When I launched ZD, I sized the window to the size I like. After I close ZD, it now minimizes to the tray, but when I click on the tray icon to re-open ZD, the window size changes (it's smaller than what I changed it to). It will not remain the size I specify after minimize to tray, although it used to do so. Any help for this?
robpur

Post by robpur »

The fix worked for me. ZD now minimizes to the tray as expected. However, if the ZD window is resized, sent to the tray, and then revived, the window size is not maintained. Version 7.2.8 maintained the window size setting when minimized to the tray and revived. It's a bit annoying to have to resize the window every time it's revived. This is the 64-bit version on Windows 10.

I noticed another small issue when using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 which has a sliding switch in the middle of the keyboard to zoom in and zoom out, which mimics the function key combinations Ctrl+ and Ctrl-. The Ctrl zoom feature works correctly, but when using the zoom in and out feature of the keyboard the functions are reversed. When viewing a web page moving the switch up zooms in, and moving it down zooms out. Same with version 7.2.8 of ZD. The function of the sliding switch is reversed in version 7.3.0. No big deal, but it's a notable difference.
bbrooking

Post by bbrooking »

Thank you. That fix worked.
MDD

Post by MDD »

Dear all,
I'm using 7.3 for a few weeks now and all was OK until today. When opening Zimbra it minimizes to the toolbar. However, when I click on the toolbar icon to open it, the application does not open and I cannot access my e-mails. The fix here above does not work and I do not know how to downgrade to 7.2.8 without losing my data/e-mails. Who can help me? Thank you!
kubekong

Post by kubekong »

U want me to upgrade, but i got this problem ... zzz.... pls Fix this....