en-US-6-1.bdic on desktop

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
wrightg

en-US-6-1.bdic on desktop

Post by wrightg »

What is the file en-US-6-1.bdic which appears on my desktop whenever I compose a new email or reply to an email in Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 GA (build 13060). This started happening in the 7.3.0 BETA version and I though it would go away after GA, but it is still here. I delete the file after closing Zimbra Desktop, but whenever a new message is composed, it returns.

Not a big deal, but would like it to go away if at all possible.

Thank you.

Greg ...
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: en-US-6-1.bdic on desktop

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Is it possible for you to attach snapshot? We never came across such issue.
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

PriteshGajjar, sorry for the delay in replying, but was out of town. Anyway, do you want a snapshot of my desktop with the en-US-6-1.bdic on it or do you want a copy of the file? I'll include both screendump and the file.

I couldn't include the en-US-6-1.bdic file without adding the .jpg extension. Tried changing to .txt and .doc but neither worked so just remove the .jpg extension.

It happens whenever I start editing a message. Click on reply to open the reply window, then when I click in this window, the file is created immediately. It looks like some sort of dictionary thing. I'm in Canada and my region is set to English (Canada) while my default language is set to English (United States) within Windows 10. Within Zimbra Desktop, my preferences for language is set to English (UK).

Not sure if that makes any difference, but until every application offers English (Canada) as an option, that is the way I set it up.

Greg ...
SebekW

Post by SebekW »

hey
When you reply to email, this file is always generated...

regards
g__t

Post by g__t »

Same stuff on one of my workers pc. Just discovered thats its google chrome dictonary files, and it generate after updating zimbra... It have about 3mb
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

Has anybody found a way to turn this off yet?

While not really a problem, it is a bit of a nuisance when trying to keep your desktop clean.

Thanks.

Greg ...
SebekW

Post by SebekW »

Annoying it is, but teaches calm hehe after sending an email you can delete it.