Attachments

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Allan.Gill

Attachments

Post by Allan.Gill »

HI

With the old ZD, Attachments like PDF's Word Docs etc, I was able to open them direct from the email. The new version doesn't have that option! It only has the option to save it.

Are you able to help

Cheers

Allan
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Attachments

Post by PriteshGajjar »

In ZD 7.3 underlying framework is changed which doesn't offer open with functionality. We are working on getting this work.
SebekW

Post by SebekW »

Hi
That's why this update was supposed to be beta, there are so many problems that it's a shame to talk

regards
krsears

Post by krsears »

Are there any developments on getting this fixed? I've got people that are VERY irritated that this issue hasn't been resolved after all of this time.

Kendall
peterawolfe

Post by peterawolfe »

Zimbra folks think they have "fixed this issue with their save somewhere then open option. I am growing tired of this and I a just use Zdesktop for home email If I was a commercial everyday work user I would abandon the product. Zimbra are you listening?
firefox58

Post by firefox58 »

Same here,

zdesktop is full of errors, also release 7.3.0 is erroneus. Garbled/unreadable print dialogues in Linux, java errors. Some attached PDFs print correctly, some not.

ATM I think that we will switch to an totally different product in the future. The errors exist for months and we have NO answer if they will be ever fixed. The "saving-and-then-viewing" the attachments is absolutely inacceptable.

One of our customers has taken his way to Kopano with a professional license. He waited some weeks if we could fix the problems in zdesktop. But we never ever could answer his question about this and so he selected Kopano.

A shame................
jase51

Post by jase51 »

I have also had this issue for over a year, its is hopeless