Window size reset every time when opening from system tray with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
bbrooking

Window size reset every time when opening from system tray with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0

Post by bbrooking »

Much thanks for the tip for changing the behaviour of ZD 7.3 so it keeps running after closing the window. This is working well and is helping me with soothing affected users.

However, ZD now resets the window size and location each time you open it from the system tray. My specific concern is for full-screen ZD to be returned to full-screen when restored from the system tray. This was ZD 7.2 behaviour.

Thanks,

- bbrooking
robpur

Re: Window size reset every time when opening from system tray with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0

Post by robpur »

I have the same issue, which was annoying enough that I went back to an older version of ZD. I'll wait until some of the issues in 7.3 are fixed before trying it again. I minimize and restore ZD many times a day, and having to resize the window every time was a hassle.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Window size reset every time when opening from system tray with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Are you guys using ZD latest 7.3 GA version? This issue was reported on beta and it is fixed in GA build.
robpur

Post by robpur »

I'm no longer running 7.3 so I can't check inside the program for the version number, but the file that I download and installed was named "zdesktop_7_3_0_ga_b13060_20170410030639_win64.msi". This is the version with which I had the window size problem.
bbrooking

Post by bbrooking »

PriteshGajjar wrote:Are you guys using ZD latest 7.3 GA version? This issue was reported on beta and it is fixed in GA build.
Hi PriteshGajjar:

Yes, this is ZD 7.3.0 GA build 13060 64-bit on Windows 10. And I have set zdesktop_quit_on_close to false in localconfig.xml.

Thanks.
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

I too am having problems with Zimbra Desktop resizing itself to what it wants.

This is on Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.296 with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 Build 13060. When I start ZD and then set it's size to what I want it to be, all is OK until I close ZD. Then the next time I start it again, it has reverted back to a screen size of it's own choosing. How can I set it up so that the screen size I want to use is maintained across application starts.

Thanks.