Window Size resets after every application start

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
wrightg

Window Size resets after every application start

Post by wrightg »

This question has been asked before, but I have seen neither a resolution nor a work around so I thought I would pose the question again. Is there any way to prevent Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 GA Build 13060 from resetting it's windows size every time the application is started. Is there some configuration file that I can edit to hard-code the desired window size. I find it very annoying that each time the application starts up, I resize the window to fit my needs, only to find it reverts back to some default size after closing and reopening the program.

This happens on both Windows 10 1607 and Windows 10 1703, both 64bit.

Thank you.

Greg ...
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Window Size resets after every application start

Post by PriteshGajjar »

This is fixed in GA version.
robpur

Post by robpur »

I don't think so. At least not in all cases. I've experienced the same issue with the latest GA version, and the OP stated clearly the version with which he was having difficulty. Please don't consider this issue closed. I've moved back to the previous version of ZD because the issue is so annoying.
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

As somebody else said, this is not true!

I am running the 7.3.0 GA (build 13060) version and every time I start the application, my window size shrinks both horizontally and vertically. I let it keep shrinking till it was no longer usable just to see how small it would eventually get. I'm using a 27inch 4K monitor and when I size the application, I stretch it two thirds of my screen, both horizontally and vertically.

Do you have a newer beta version with this fixed or can this be fixed in the current version or can you tell me where the window size is stored so that I can try and hard code my desired size?

Thanks.

Greg ...
bbrooking

Post by bbrooking »

Not fixed in GA version for me.

ZD 7.3.0 GA build 13060 64-bit on Windows 10. And I have set zdesktop_quit_on_close to false in localconfig.xml.

Thanks.
bbrooking

Post by bbrooking »

I'm still hoping for a solution on this. Again this is NOT fixed in the GA version. At least not for me and several others.