Window Size resetting after every start

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
wrightg

Window Size resetting after every start

Post by wrightg »

Not sure if I should keep asking this question, but was hoping either a work around or a fix would be available by now.

I'm running Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 GA (build 13060) on a Windows 10 1703 (Build 15063.483) system and every time I start the application, the window size shrinks by about 20 pixels both horizontally and vertically. This shrinkage never stops. I've run the application each day for a week or so without resizing my window and by the end of the week, the window is too small to be usable.

Can somebody please tell me in which file (or registry entry) my desktop settings are stored. With this information I could possibly lock the settings and prevent them from being overwritten by the application.

Is a permanent fix every coming for this issue?

Thanks.

Greg Wright
robpur

Re: Window Size resetting after every start

Post by robpur »

According to a post in the Zimbra Desktop Beta/RC area of this forum a new version of ZD is suppose to be released in the first week of August. Don't know if it will contain a window size fix. A while back I located a bug tracker website for ZD, but I don't remember the URL. I searched the site and did not see the window size issue listed, so I don't know if it's being worked on.
robpur

Post by robpur »

Here's the Bugzilla page for ZD. I would expect the window size problem to be listed in the UI-General section, but I don't see it there. If the issue is not listed on the Bugzilla page then perhaps it's not being resolved. Have a look for yourself. I may have missed it.

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/describecom ... product=ZD
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

Thanks for the information Robpur.

While not a showstopper, it is an irksome problem and one that I know at least a few others are suffering with. Hopefully, the new version will fix this issue even though I saw no mention of it in the bugzilla listing. Also hopefully, the new version will be released soon.

Greg ...